7.15.2014

The last week

We've had 3 non-stop weeks of fun crazy - and when my schedule changes, I find it hard to fit in time for blogging. After my trip to Chicago, we spent the weekend down in San Diego, and then this week we had Joel's parents staying with us.

Their flight was a little delayed on Thursday, but it gave me a chance to grab a mani/pedi with my girlfriend Shelby and have an outside happy hour, while she had a babysitter.



Summer isn't my favorite time of year, but I'm really trying to soak it up as much as I can. Chardonney with frozen grapes and full blooming bougainvilleas are a few of my favorite summer items.

When they got in on Thursday, we had homemade pizzas and stayed up way later than we should of catching up.

Friday morning I went into the office, and then took off the afternoon to spend with them. We had lunch with Joel near his office, and then I took his parents to LACMA (LA county muesum of art). It was the first time I had been to the museum and I really enjoyed it.

Picasso
Every Friday night they have a jazz concert outside of the muesum which is free, so we sat in their bar and had a drink while the musicians warmed up for their show which was an awesome bonus.

Making it back to one of the concerts has been added to my summer bucket list. 

We got home and freshened up - and Roscoe and I decided to match - and then took them to one of our favorite spots for dinner in Santa Monica, The Hungry Cat.


We started oysters and cheese to start - which is always my favorite treat - and then had a really great meal.

 

  

On Saturday we did a day trip up to Santa Barbara. The weather was perfect and we all got a little of what we wanted; walks on the water, wine shops, and yummy food.


That night we ordered Chinese food and made it to bed pretty early after our full day adventure.

On Sunday, after the world cup, Joel's brother Andrew and Corie drove up to LA. We had a big family dinner; homemade salmon burgers, corn salad, quinoa salad, AND S'mores, and just hung out as a big group.

I'm sad to say that I didn't catch any pictures, but the more fun I'm having, the less pictures I'm taking ;)

Sunday morning my sis-in-law Corie, who is has turned into a great great friend, came in to cuddle and Roscoe decided to get to know his soon-to-be cousin.


We had such a great week, but I'm really in need for our pace to slow down a bit. It's been a lot these past few weeks and I can feel it catching up to me, my waistline, and my bank account!


6 comments:

  1. Gal, I am so with you on a crazy few weeks. It's been a blast but I am ready to get back into some type of normal routine!!! Looked like a fun weekend with the in-laws and hope you are recuperating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your white blouse in the pic with Roscoe. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel and his mama look SO much alike!!! And I feel ya about the craziness - I can't believe how fast this summer is flying and it just doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The family pic in SB should be your Christmas card! Y'all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to make the museum one of our stops! What tour would you recommend as far as Hollywood? The TMZ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty much the cutest baby bump. Adorable.

    Also, all the pics of you and Joel are always adorable. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete