2.12.2018

Checking In

As I sit down to write this, I've got two protesting naps, so we'll see if I can get even more than a minute of thoughts down on paper.


Things have been good here, but I'm still getting used to the pace of two. Finding time to blog during the week almost feels laughable. I feel like I'm running from one place to the next, pretty much 24 hours a day, and when Joel walks in the door, I typically have a glass of wine and fight to keep my eyes open past 8pm.

Thankfully she has been giving us some nice stretches at night, so we are at least semi-functioning. 


We're hanging in there and even though the days are long, the weeks keep ticking by somehow! I'm eager for this weather to start getting above thirty degrees so we can at least get outside for a few walks. That's been the hardest thing this time around.....so many less walks. With Leo - in California - we walked three times a day. Any time he was fussy, we headed out, and it was sooooo good for both of us. With Drew being born in December in Chicago, we haven't had as many opportunities so I'm counting the hours here!

 

 
 
We've gotten creative with our indoor activities too - lots of arts and crafts, baking, water activities, baths.......and Leo's been watching a lot more TV too.

 

  
 

 

Leo has been missing his outside time and chances to burn some energy - but recently signed him up for a sports class that he has been loving. 


The class is actually for 3 year olds (and you can tell why around the 40 minute mark when Leo starts to fade), but he's having so much fun and it's been a great thing for the 3 of us to do. 

He also had a special treat last weekend to go to Disney on Ice with Coco and Papa. 


I wasn't sure how he would do, but they had prime seats on the ice and the show kept him entertained the entire time.  


In all of our home time - I've been chomping at the decorating bit a little. Adding some artwork to some bare walls, changing up our guest room bedding (having a very hard time!) - and possibly ours since my comforter just burned in the dryer (shit....), and making some upgrades to the basement. I'll hopefully share those before April! 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great Mama! Spring will be here soon! I always think being outside is the best medicine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are managing great and making sweet memories despite the weather and busyness of having a toddler and newborn! Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete