I tried to make a cauliflower pizza crust about a year ago and it went ALL kinds of wrong. Not only was it a mess - and a time suck - it scared me away from using cauliflower all together.
Thankfully my girlfriend Kristin convinced me to try hers at the dinner party she hosted on Friday and I am now a believer.
And an addict.
Kristin used Paula Deen's recipe as a base, made some alterations, and came up with perfection.
Fair warning - it's time consuming (a solid hour until dinner time), but it's so, so worth it for 100% guilt free pizza
I found everything at Trader Joes
1 head of cauliflower florets
Chicken sausage - I used 2 for the pizza
2 cups Shredded Cheese
Olive Oil spray
Crushed Garlic, Salt & Pepper, and Oregano
**This serves about 2-3 people as a main dish**
1. Blend florets until grainy and mashed
2. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then spray the heck out of it. Then spray it again.
4. Microwave your cauliflower mash - with a splash or two of water - for 7 minutes
5. Stick the hot cauliflower into the freezer to cool for 10 minutes. Once it's fully cooled, mix together 1 cup of cheese, 1 egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and 3 full tablespoons of oregano
6. Mix together and form a large square over the parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 until golden and crisped.
7. After it's crisped, add your toppings; tomato sauce, fresh basil, sliced chicken sausage, cheese, garlic, oregano (again), salt and pepper. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Let it cool - cut in squares - and enjoy as many pieces as you damn well please.
This dish won't disappoint - even cauliflower haters will enjoy.