9.11.2018

First Day of School

We had such a great summer....I think that's why I'm still in denial that fall is officially upon us. The weather here in Chicago is starting to give us glimpses of the changing season, and since that was one of the reasons I was excited to move back here, I'm trying really hard not to complain about it! 


But with the start of fall....comes a new school year!! 


Leo is at a local pre-school about a mile away from home, in the 3-classroom, three times a week. It's just a few hours in the morning, but I know it's going to be so great for him, me, and Drewbie. 


The first day was a big hit - he walked right into the classroom from the drop-off line - clutching his "special owl" - and before I knew it, I was waving him goodbye, with a pretty big pit in my stomach.


The last few days (yesterday was only his 3rd time), drop off has been a little harder. He doesn't really want to go in, but once he is in there, he's totally fine, so I think it's just the anticipation of leaving me that has him a little teary eyed. 


I'm excited for all of the fun the school year brings - along with the tighter routine for our family - so here goes nothin! 

1 comment:

  1. Same here Mama but I just keep telling myself that it's sooo good for her. I've already seen positive changes in her behavior! :) Glad he loves it once he is there. Ms. Becky says any big change takes 30 days to adjust so keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete