9.17.2018

Weekend Recap

On Friday - I dropped my kids off at my parents for a sleepover, so that I could clean the house and get everything prepped for book club (and make a quick stop for a pedicure and new pair of shoes)....


Open toe booties to be exact - which I found on major cleareance, and I have a feeling will become my going out shoes for the rest of fall. 


The house looked so bare and clean without all of the kids stuff! 

 


This book group is mainly women from our neighborhood and it has been so much fun to have an excuse to read, talk about the good and bad part of the books, anddddd drink a lot of wine with new friends. 


They're were about 17 of us on Friday - which was the perfect sized group - and I think the last person left close to midnight. After cleaning things up (thank you Joel!!), I crashed into bed at 1, and then was up right at 6....so that kind of hurt (but was worth it).  

Joel grabbed the kids from my parents early - and before I knew it we were en route to our friends house in Lake Forest for a double birthday party for her two boys. 

 

It was one of the best birthday parties we've ever been too - so many fun things for the kids (including a train ride), portillos and drinks for the parents, a beautiful day, and big backyard was the recipe for success! 

 

 

 

   

 

 

We got home, everyone took great naps (including me), and then ordered pizza and just chilled on the couch watching college football. 

 

Sunday morning, Joel played tennis with some friends and then when he got home, I snuck in a short but fast (for me) run, and then we headed straight to celebrate Joel's mom's birthday.


She is from Tennesse, and recently got the kids some Vols gear, so of course we had to show up in their finest ;) 
 

 

 

After naps, we walked down to my parents to say hi and then came home to grill up some dinner.



Drewbie was running a little fever, I think because her top right tooth is popping out, so we stuck everyone in bed early in preparation for another busy week ahead!  

and I took this screenshot of a favorite friend on instagram and wanted to share because it's is just so good. 



2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I hope Drew is feeling all better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend. Book club sounds amazing! & that birthday party...come on. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete