3.21.2018

Drew - 3 Months Old

 
 


 
Weight: No idea for this month but I would assume around 11lbs

Clothes: You are pretty solidly in 0-3, and have some room to grow in them. The onesie in the picture is actually 3/6mth but for the most part 3mths is where you are sitting.
 
Nicknames: Drewbie, Drew Drew, Sloopy
Sleep: You've held steady and proven to us that you are a great sleeper. I would say 5 out of 7 nights a week you are sleeping well into the 6:00am/7am time frame, with the occasional 4/4:30am feeding. We have decided you will get a pony.
 
 Naps are getting a little more into the two solid naps a day with a lunchtime cat nap and a happy hour cat nap that you absolutely HATE but you can't get from 3:45-6:45pm without one....even though you seriously try.
Schedule: We've fallen into a nice little rhythm this month. I stopped obsessing about it for the most part and just like that, it fell into place.

6:30/7:30am- Feed, up and I also pump after this feeding for 10 minutes
8:30am-10:30am - nap
10:30am- feed
10:30-1:00pm - play/cat nap
12:30/1:00pm - Feed
1:30pm-3:30pm -Nap
3:45pm- Feed/play/bath
5:00pm-5:45pm- Cat nap (we attempt)
6:45pm-Feed and bed by 7:00pm
Health:  We are SO thankful for your perfect health
Crying:  You are LOUD. You go from zero to sixty fast, but for the most part, are easy to please.
 
Feeding: This month, out of the blue, you decided you don't love the bottle. We're having more success with it this past week, but yowza it was a bump in the road. You've been taking a bottle everyday since you were born basically, so it was very strange that out of no where you decided you hated them. We're working through it because you don't have much of an option. 
 
In the bottle at night time you take down almost 6.5ounces and during the day seem to be around 4.5-5.5ounces or take about 10/12 minutes to nurse.
 
Likes: You have started to love people this month and really like to engage with us which has been such a treat! You've spent a lot of time in the Boppy Lounger, you love taking a bath, you love music, your sound machine and to be moving!
Dislikes: Being tired or hungry, or being forced to take a nap around 5:30pm. You wail when you get strapped in your miracle blanket and then you REALLY wail when you are set down in your rock and play, but after about 3-5 minutes, you are able to put yourself right to sleep.

Milestones:  You are a rolling machine girlfriend!! At 12weeks, 2 days (on St. Patrick's Day!) your dad and I were watching you play on our bed and you decided to show off your moves. As soon as you figured out how to do it, you haven't stopped. Sometimes when you roll and your head hits the floor it startles you and you scream, but two minutes later I'll plop you back on your tummy and you will roll again!

You're just about the cutest smiler, I thinkkkkk you want to start laughing, you track items perfectly and you are starting to grasp objects when I set them near you.
Places You’ve Gone:  We are still not out and about at our normal pace, but we're slowly getting there. Our "safe places" are still Crystal Lake Brewing and Barnes and Noble so we venture to both of those spots each week.
 
Postpartum: Mentally I'm really feeling more like myself this month which has been very nice. It's taken some work and the first 6 weeks were really tough but I'm coming out of the fog and feel like I have a grasp on things much better each week. I keep telling people that each day I realize I'm not pregnant, I don't have a newborn, and its not winter makes me want to do about 8 back flips!

Physically, I've got about 12/13 pounds left to lose and it's pretty slow going. On the weekends I'm trying to get about 6 miles of running in and then on Wednesday's I'm able to sneak in a workout while Leo is at his grandparents, but I really need to commit to a carb free diet to see some actual results .... it's just a matter of starting.

Leo: I love nothing more than watching Leo with you. Last week I was putting the laundry basket upstairs and you were sitting in the boppy lounger and Leo was playing a puzzle. As soon as I got upstairs, you started to cry and Leo ran right over to you and said "don't worry, mama will come back". I almost burst into a pile of mush right then and there.

4 comments:

  1. She's so precious!! So glad she's a good sleeper, I feel like that's key with #2. Matthew was the same way with zero to sixty when he was upset, maybe it's a second child thing to easily get your attention! Warm weather is almost here, it will be so nice to be able to get outside with both of them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is perfect and so cute! Sounds like you’re feeling better and the weather really does make a difference! Everyone is happier outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is the sweetest! Buy that girl 2 ponies!!

    ReplyDelete