7.05.2010

Welcome back, Welcome back, Welcome backkkk

I'm very aware that no one is reading this blog (except for Claire, Hi Claire), but I'm okay with that. I'm going to pretend people are reading it, and interested in it, and that works for me.

I just moved to Chicago and it's time for a whole new me. Things I need improvment on are:

1.Food/Exercise: I eat and act like a child in this area. I constantly go out to dinner, I over indulge, over stuff, and feel very over weight. I need to learn how to control my eating. I also need to step up my exercise. This area is so critical and I hate knowing that I have tried to revamp this area of my life hundreds of times with little success. I need to come up with a game plan and actually succeed.

2. Attitude: I just moved in with my boyfriend Joel. I want to have a positive, upbeat, outgoing attitude towards him and everything we do. I want our living arrangment to be a very positive one and I need to have a positive attitude all the time.

3. Job: I need a job.

4. Learn the city: I just moved to Chicago. It's the coolest city and I'm living in the throws of it. I want to take advantage of everything it has to offer. I want to know the city, the streets, the restaurants, the people, the neighborhoods, etc. There are so many fun things to do, I have no excuse for staying in and being a hermit.

5. Clothes/Appearance: I want to look the part. I really want to dress well, all the time. I need to learn how to put together really great outfits with pieces that I already have. There is no reason why I should be leaving the house in mis-matched, unflattering clothes. I'm ovvvvver that.

*Those are my type 5 things, other honorable mentions include: saving money, cooking healthy dinners, making a lot of new friends, staying in touch with my old friends, being a good friend/daughter/sister/girlfriend, reading lots of books, going to church more often, finding a church that I really connect with, starting a game night with girlfriends, being more active all around, try new activities, stay organized.....your getting the idea.



SO, where am I going to be doing all of this self renewal? Well, take a look.




4 comments:

  1. Hey Tess I'm here! Congrats on the move! I love the new place! May I ask where you got that rug in your living room? It' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun moving and putting everything together. I still have a ways to go.

    The rug is from Ikea and I kid you not was 30 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess!!! I love your blog. I read it along with the millions of others I'm obsessed with! :) Glad to see you are back. Your apartment looks um, AWESOME! How exciting! Good luck with everything in the city. I'll be there in September and maybe we can arrange a get together! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anne! Your so cute, and I love your blog equally as much! I think blogs are so fun! Mine is totally all over the place, and I sometimes forget people actually read it! hahah

    Let me know when you are in Chicago! XO

    ReplyDelete