4.27.2016

Chicago ::: Week 2

Joel left on Monday so that he could go back to work, and left Leo and I in Chicago for another week and a half. I miss Chicago so much while we are in Chicago, but I will say....I don't miss snow in April!


The nice part of being able to stay back in Chicago during the work week, is that, we got to just "do life". A lot of times when we go home, its such a whirlwind, but this time around, we were better about staying home more often and staying close to Leo's schedule.

Most mornings, before my dad and Nellie had to leave for work, we would all snuggle in bed and just pass Leo around.

Sometimes I would drive Nellie to the train station, and let my parents get some sweet morning time with just Leo.


During the days, my mom and I took Leo on a few errands, took him out shopping, and started to prep for a wedding shower we were hosting for that Friday. My sister Hannah took off two days from work and hung with us at my parents house too which was awesome.


My cousin Gia/Leo's Aunt Gigi, spent every free second she could with Leo, so after school, she would hang with us too.
  
During that week, we had a lot of happy hour visitors - which was the perfect time to have a glass of wine with friends, before Leo took his bath and went up to bed.

 

I always tried to save bath time for when Nellie got home from the train so that she could get some time with Leo too. 

 
Friday night came around, and my mom, sisters and I headed into the city to throw a shower for my cousin Alex who is getting married this summer.

My dad was literally beside himself to babysit Leo for the entire night, and the two boys had a great time. He told me the next day that he was getting really into being a "Grandfather" and fell asleep with the monitor on the highest noise level so that nothing would happen on his watch. It was pretty damn cute.

Us girls had a great time at the shower.....it was such a fun night in the city, and I was so glad that we got some time downtown too.


The rest of the weekend was spent at home. Aunt Amanda came out from the city to hang with us, we went on as many cold walks as we could, and just enjoyed being together.


And yes, Leo will clearly have some ego issues to work through when he gets older.


It's never easy to leave, but we were happy to get back home to Joel and Roscoe - and its always easier leaving knowing that you're coming back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment