7.17.2017

Weekend Report

 I think this might be my first weekend report on a Monday in like 3 months!! I'm blaming SnapChat for my lack of picture taking lately, but I'm really trying to get better so we'll see if I can keep this up.

Leo and I spent Friday with family in Park Ridge, and by the time we got back we were both pretty zonked from the day. We ended up pulling out a freezer dinner that I had made a few months ago (Natalie's Meatballs which freeze really well), popped Leo in a bath, I read a magazine, we watched the cubs game and called it a night. 


We started Saturday morning with haircuts for Joel and Leo. Leo's hair is literally the cutest thing ever, but was starting to get a touch out of control, so he was due for a little trim. 

Giving his hair stylist "knuckles" after a job well done
Thankfully the hair cut seemed to increase the amount of curls, so I'm still a happy camper!  


While Joel  got busy on house stuff, Leo and I took a walk with my mom. Joel and his dad hung a flag pole in the front of the house and a really cool wooden star on the back of our house on the brick fire place.


I found that wooden star years before we even lived in Crystal Lake. A house on the lake had two of them and had them sitting out by their garbage cans when I was out for a run, and called my mom to bring her car to come help me snag them. I had been saving them in my mom's garage since then, and finally have it hanging up in the perfect spot.

Joel also managed to switch out our dining room light fixture.


I bought this chandelier on Prime Day, and really like the simplictity of it. For whatever reason, one of the drum shades is not sitting straight, so I need to fix that (and put in light bulbs) but overall I'm really happy with the switch. 


We walked to our neighbors house around happy hour to meet their precious new baby girl, and then I left Joel and Leo to have sushi with my parents at Kyoto (which was SO good). 

Sunday morning I drove into the city to have brunch with my girlfriend Sara to celebrate her birthday.

We had breakfast at Trench in Bucktown and while our breakfast was good....I don't think I would go back anytime soon. My dish was so rich, over sauced, and the menu didn't really excited me at all. Plus, they don't make latte's which immediately annoyed me (if I'm being honest). 

When I got home, Joel and I snuck away for an hour to take the paddle boards out on the water.


It was a little windy, so we got in a half decent workout, but I'm really enjoying paddling. I love being on the water and feel so relaxed when we are out there. It's been a really fun activity for Joel and I to go do on Sunday afternoons. 

Afterwards, we went back to my parents for a really good Sunday night dinner, and then got home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.


It was a really perfect at home, summer weekend (even though I've started to get excited about fall!) 

We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. —Thomas S. Monson #LDS

4 comments:

  1. Love that yall go paddling together on Sunday afternoons - too cute! Joel is quite handy with these house projects! Cool story on the star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a nice weekend! I love the star--looks so good where you chose to hang it. I would really like to try paddle boarding, but I'm worried I'm not coordinated enough. Like I'm really not coordinated... but it seems like a great workout and I know I'd love being on the water. How long did it take you to feel comfortable on one? Did you end up buying them or do/can you rent at the lake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new light fixture; it's absolutely gorgeous in your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read. I learn new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Keep it up
    ebay gift card codes that work

    ReplyDelete