4.10.2018

Weekend Recap







 

 Ohhhh was I happy to see Friday arrive. 

Drew is honestly the sweetest, cutest little bundle and I love her with every bit of me but the girl is stubborn! She had kind of a tough week with just giving me short little cat naps, not enjoying taking the bottle from anyone but me or Joel (SO annoying), and I just felt like I heard crying all week long. 

By 5pm, these were both mine.

 

Plus - it was snowing and the weather all weekend looked pretty bleak, so I was in a ripe little mood. 

Thankfully, I made the best crock pot soup, (deets to come on that tomorrow).


 We got the kids in bed and just hung out on the couch and relaxed on Friday night which was lovely. 

Saturday morning both Joel and I got in workouts and then we dropped Leo off at his grandparents so we could take Drew to get her passport. 

We ran a few errands after our appointment and then took advantage and snuck in a little lunch date. 

 

It was such a treat to have lunch with Joel and it's so funny how being with just one kid now totally feels like a vacation. 

Saturday afternoon we tried to get a few things done around the house and then Joel's parents came over for dinner. 

Joel's mom made a shrimp paella and then once the kids were down we played a few rounds of RummyKub. 

 

Sunday - another crappy weather day (which I'm getting SO tired of) - Joel and I both got in workouts and then I took the kids to my parents for a bit. Joel ended up grabbing Leo to take a nap at home, but Drew and I stayed back and just hang. 

My mom and I worked on a puzzle most of the afternoon while my dad watched the Master's and then the boys came back over and we enjoyed the best dinner .
 
 

I don't have a recipe for this, my dad used a base of a regular chicken marsala recipe he found online and then played with it himself. It was as good as it looked. 
 
 

We were home pretty early, got the kids to bed, and then Joel and I had a cocktail and watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy which obviously had me crying. Such a sweet show.  

1 comment:

  1. It sounds soooo nice that you're so close with both sets of your parents! Jealous! The ice in your white wine is hilarious! I bet it tasted good so cold!

    ReplyDelete