4.16.2018

Weekend Recap

I'm going to be honest, overall, the weekend kind of sucked.

There was plenty of fun mixed in, but when it's snowing, cold, and gray all weekend long in the middle of April - it tends to do a number on one's mood.

Thankfully I knew the shit weather was coming, so I made sure that we packed in full outside days prior too. We took super long walks, got in lots of time on the swing set, and had a fun happy hour playdate with our closest friends.




Come Friday, the nasty weather set in. I had the kids bathed by the time Joel got home, we ordered in chicken pitas from our favorite spot (Tommy's), had groceries delivered, and then Joel went to a neighbors to play ping pong and I watched a Trading Spaces marathon.



Saturday morning I had my dreaded Illinois Driver's Test.


I'm happy to report that I passed on the first try! I did miss 3 questions (I switched up 2 signs), but I'm glad I studied, the test isn't all that easy. I had to wait in line in the freezing rain which wasn't fun, but I was home by 8:30 with a big task out of my way.

When I got home, I cleaned out the kids closets and got an idea of what they need for the summer.


No joke, Leo is wearing size 12 month shorts again. The kids waist is so small! I have tons of 18mth and 2T shorts for him that are wayyyy to big, so hopefully they'll fit him next year. He's all Shields. 

After both kids went down for nap, we watched the Cubs game and then my cousin Liz and her two kids came over.


We made tacos and the kids basically went insane and run and chased each other for the entire 3 hours. 


Im so glad that it worked out that they were able to come though because Leo was desperate for some activity and the three cousins played so well together.


Sunday night we had horrible weather. Tons of aggressive rain, icy, and wild wind. I was actually shocked the power didn't go out, but when it flickered at 6:50 in the morning, it totally freaked Leo out.


We all ended up in our bed which actually turned out to be blissful. I got to enjoy two cups of coffee in bed, and then after breakfast, both Joel and I were able to sneak in runs on the treadmill.

The morning included an extra pot of coffee, the movie Sing, lots of stickers, some online shopping, and then finally some mimosas and books.

 

 

 

The first half of the day was kind of painfully slow, and after no naps and total cabin fever set in, we decided that everyone needed to get the heck out of the house. 

 

We loaded everyone up and hit the road for our favorite weekend spot: Crystal Lake Brewery!

It was just what the doctor ordered and turned everyone's moods around! 

When we got home, we had chili that Joel had made over nap time, facetimed my family that is in Mexico, and just relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Please, please, PLEASE let this be the last "weekend recap" that includes snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{Déco} 30 messages originaux pour Letters boards!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of Drew all wrapped up in her bath towel - ADORABLE! Ugh I hope you all don't get more snow but you certainly made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that some spring weather is on its way soon! At least you will really appreciate the sunshine once it arrives!

    ReplyDelete