7.17.2018

Things we need to discuss

::: If you are ever at the beach....you need this tent. I found it at Tj.maxx and the two times we've used it, it's changed our entire expirence. Drew can crawl around happily, I like to sit in the shade, and it's a perfect spot to eat enjoy snacks and hang out. Well worth the $30 bucks


::: Mom question: Has anyone ever had a baby who had a violent reaction to oatmeal? Apparently it's a thing on Google, and Drew isn't the only one. Her doctor isn't concerned and told me its too early to label her as "allergic", but both times after eating (earth's best) organic cereal, Drew had a horrible vomit reaction exactly 2.5 hours after consumption. She threw up until her entire stomach was emptied, and then was basically totally back to normal.

::: I have been trying to keep a list of some of my favorite wines and I don't have too too many because mostly this summer I've been drinking beer (corona light and Crystal Lake Brewing's Beach Blonde), but I have been drinking a ton of this Rose. It's so good - the bottle is beautiful (which makes it a pretty gift), and it's a reasonable price point ($16)! I've bought it at Mariano's and Target.



Image result for cote de roses 

::: Speaking of drinks....the other day was like 93 degrees, it was 2pm and I was exhausted. I needed some coffee but the idea of hot coffee was just not doing it for me. I normally HATE iced coffee, but I decided to give the new "Salted Carmel Cold Brew" a try - and damn it was good. I didn't want anything that was so caloric it felt like a meal, but at 180 calories for a tall, I felt like that was a reasonable treat, and not only did it hit the spot, it totally energized me through the afternoon slump.

  

::: One of my best girlfriends Sara had her baby girl Emma a few weeks ago, and Drew and I finally got a chance to head into the city to meet her. She is SO darling, with more dark hair than even Drew had, and it was just so fun to be with Sara and our DAUGHTERS. Life is crazy.

 

and being with Emma made Drewbie look SO big



::: We are going to start potty training Leo soon. Joel and I are heading to California in two weeks, and we are going to bootcamp potty train him when we get back. Any tips? I haven't read anything - but I think we are pretty much going to try and wing it? Is that a horrible idea? I know I want to install two new toilet seats. Our neighbors use them and they seem like the perfect solution for little booties without being too gory.

Image result for potty training toilet seat

New undies, potty books, lots of ipad games, tons of treats,a sticker chart, pull ups for bed (because he is still in the crib) are the other thoughts I have, but let me know if there is something else I seriously need.

::: I'm sure there's a long list of other things, but for now,  a new episode of Younger awaits and my eyes aren't going to be open for much longer!

8 comments:

  1. Poor Drew. What did the dr. tell you to do? Hold off on grains? Maybe her stomach just isn't ready for cereal? Gah. She is so cute! I like that Rose too! Good luck on the Potty Training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that tent too and love it, but for the life of me, I can't get it folded back up to fit in the bag. Have you figured it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh as you know I love your wine recs can't wait to try this one. I have gotten so into Younger also- its just so easy to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor Drew! Maybe as she gets older, her stomach will adapt or change? I wonder if different types make a difference? Instant vs. steel oats? Ugh our bodies are so weird.

    I saw you posted that drink on Instagram and I almost messaged you about it! I'm absolutely trying it the next time I'm at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly recommend reading "Oh Crap" before you start potty training. Even if you don't follow what she says, its a good guide. She has a lot of what to do in certain scenarios. It made potty training very easy for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only potty training advice I would give is that if he doesn't seem ready give up for awhile. I tried with my son and he didn't care if he wet his undies. He'd rather keep playing than stop and use the bathroom. I was more bothered than him! So we quit. A short time later he decided to start using the potty and was trained in one weekend! However, it took years for him to be night trained. He was a heavy sleeper and wore good nites for quite awhile . Our pediatrician wasn't concerned based on his age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tent for the beach is a lifesaver! I’m so sorry about Drew’s reaction to oatmeal. Our daughter was allergic to milk and soy for the first few years (fortunately not deathly), and it was so scary. Also, the whole allergist process is not fun. Hopefully she will grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We read Oh Crap too and would highly recommend as a guide! Definitely the no pants helps a ton with boys. Tons of different “right” ways but I loved not having to buy pull ups. While he got the hang of it after 3 days, it definitely was a longer process than that. And if you can have someone take Drew for the first day, I’d recommend that too so you can complete focus on Leo.

    ReplyDelete