10.04.2010

2 week goal

Woohoo! We all made it through the first Monday in October!

My Monday went surprisingly well. Work trucked by rather quickly, I found a pair of black leather boots for a steal, and made it out for a for a 30 minutes jog after work.

If you've been reading, you know Joel and I are taking a mini-vacay to South Carolina in two weeks. We are heading to Greenville for a wedding and are going to try and squeeze as much out of it as we can!


Until our vacation we have sworn off all restaurants.

Lately all we do is go out to eat and drink. Not only is this becoming an expensive habit, I can't afford the extra calories that a restaurant meal packs in. So, while we are on this two week break from restaurants, I'm also making some minor changes to my diet.

Hopefully the few pounds I've put on recently from our "Food Tour of Chicago" will melt away before we head outta dodge.

One of my biggest problem areas during my day is right after work. I eat a healthy lunch at noon and when I come home at 5 I am STARVED. Normally, because I've waited so long to eat, I go straight for the carbs. Toast, chips, bars, pretzels....anything I can get my hands on.

How am I planning on fixing this?

Well, I have decided to pack an after work snack the night before that will be waiting for me when I get home. That way, I still allow myself to eat, but it's previously thought out (in my health conscious state of mind, not my "I'mgoingtodieifidonteatrightthissecond" mind.) Today's snack was almonds, carrots, and strawberries.

My other change that I will be making is limiting my after dinner chocolates. I switched from Milk Chocolate to Dark Chocolate (unfortunately didn't save any calories there but it's a lot better for you) and I am only going to allow myself two a night. Sometimes, when I'm being really naughty....I'll have up to six! That is just not a good idea.


Hopefully with these changes, and some added runs, I will be back to normal, and can maybe even lose some extra. Little changes all the time is the only way I can tackle things. It doesn't overwhelm me and I feel like I can really take control of those few things at a time. To completely revamp everything I do would just be way too much to handle.

----

Here is our menu for the week
Monday: Roasted Chicken with Cooked Spinach and Garlic Bread
Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash with ground turkey and vodka sauce
Wednesday: Chicken Quesadillas with a side of Corn Salsa
Thursday: Tuna Melts
Friday: Homemade whole wheat pizza
Saturday: *we are going out -but not to a restaurant!
Sunday: Shrimp Paella
Monday:
Tuesday: Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry
Wednesday: Chicken Ceaser salad with raisins and walnuts
Thursday: SOUTH CAROLINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment