6.15.2011

WILW


I am loving that we booked our trip to NYC for Labor Day weekend. Joel and I are heading out of town Friday morning, and will be in New York until Monday night.

We are planning on spending 2 days there at the US Open. Both of us are big fans of tennis (Joel played in college) and this has been something we've talked about for all 5 years that we've dated.

We will be staying at The W Hotel on Lexington Ave and have already begun researching the restaurants we want to hit up while we're there. Any recommendations?


Tis the season, and I am loving me some white wine. Tonight I'm drinking a "not too sweet" rising from a wine maker that I met last fall. She has a great story and I love to support her wines. You should check it out if any stores carry it by you.
Sorry for the horrible picture quality, she doesn't have much available online.

Okay, I've been burned by this before, but I think I can say with certainty that my dad does not read my blog. 

I swear to God if I ruin another gift, I'm going to cry....but I'm pretty sure the odds are okay.

For Father's Day, I got my dad a photobook from Shutterfly.com about our family trip to Spain. I can't wait to show it to him, I think he's going to absolutely love it.
I had to get one for myself too!

Speaking of seasons, I love bbq's and this weekend is packed full with them! I think I'm going to bring my Black Bean Brownies as a hostess gift. Pretty good conversation starter if I do say so myself! 


At lunch today I walked over to J.Crew and literally had to be dragged out of the store by my co-worker because I felt like I was in a muesum of all of my favorite clothing.

J.Crew nailed it this season.


More to come on this topic later, but I'm loving white orchids. They are such an easy flower to maintain, and they just so happen to be one of my favorites. Coincidence? I think not.


Thanks goodness this week is half way behind us.
Have a good hump day.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that Jcrew outfit on the left! It's perferction! Your NYC trip will be so fun! Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JCrew is great this season! I love orchids as well! Have a wonderful time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love JCrew, they have such cute clothes! And orchids - another love! I really need to try those black bean brownies you made...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVE SO SO SO MUCH fun in NYC!! I love that city and you are staying in the perfect location!!!

    ReplyDelete