6.16.2014

Weekend Recap

First of all - thanks for all of your excitement over our time in Paris. It was such a fun trip and I'm so glad that I took the time to get it all down here so that I can relive the glory days forever ;)
  ---
So all last week Joel and I had colds, so by the time Friday came I was anxious to get out of the house and hang with my girlfriends.

Laura had us over to break in her new (and beautiful) backyard furniture. 

 

And, the way all of our girls nights go - I had WAY too much white wine and a ton of fun. 

 


I paid for my over indulgence on Saturday morning, and I'm sort of blaming my foggy behavior, because after a walk with my girlfriend Kristin, we decided to bite the bullet and sign up for a half marathon.


Her and I have been working out a few times a week together - and we've thrown the idea of a half around for the last month or so - so it wasn't totally out of the blue. It's our first half marathon ever, but I'm really excited to run it and train with Kristin. Joel put together a nice little program for us to get us ready for the big day on October 26th!

Saturday night we had Juli and Bullet over for dinner to celebrate her birthday!!


Joel made the yummiest ahi tuna steaks on the grill and we had s'mores for dessert which was perfect. Unfortunately my the cold from last week, and lots of talking on Friday and Saturday night, my voice was all but gone Sunday morning when I woke up.

We ran errands and did chores, and tried to just relax on Sunday. Summer is in full swing over here - which for us means eating outside as much as we can, and last night was no exception.

We made Chicken Jalapeno burgers and the yummiest cucumber salad ever. 



 I posted my favorite non-alcohol drink on instagram last night, but on nights when we don't drink, I like to make a fun mocktail in a wine glass. My current favorite concoction is a Lime La Croix, splash of cranberry juice and a twist of lime over lots of ice. 


Per usual, we have a few very busy weeks ahead of  us so a fun weekend at home was just what we needed. 

Fall in love with your life

6 comments:

  1. Um, Laura's backyard looks like a little slice of paradise. Surely it's illegal to have such a perfectly coordinated backyard?

    Also, my mouth is watering for your mocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on signing up for your first half! Looks like y'all had a great weekend- the cucumber salad looks amazing and I am definitely going to try out that mocktail! Hope you have a great week love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, half marathoner! (Well, Soon To Be HM). Can we expect some running playlist and cute workout outfit posts??


    (I couldn't have done either of my halfs without the CW-X running tights. Zappos. Look into it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where you friend blue table linens are from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend!! Loving your friends table set up- so cute! Congrats on the half marathon- you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much luck training for the half marathon. My advice is to definitely stick to your training! And if something comes up (like you get sick), just pick back up where you left off! It might take a couple days to get back up there, but you will.

    The cucumber salad looks delicious! You'll have to post a recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete