1.22.2015

Thoughts for Thursday: Health

Hot water, lemon, honey, and cayenne pepper
I had a chest cold from hell this week but I think I was able to nip it in the bud faster than normal thanks to this little concoction I was having 2-3x/day. I actually don't mind the taste, and it made almost an instant difference.

I know that drinking warm water and lemon is good for you on a daily basis, so it might have to make a more frequent appearance around these parts.

5 Reasons You Should be Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning

I also chugged an Emergen-C packet every morning, and I have Joel doing it too so he doesn't get sick. I think Emergen-C works if you use it when you start to feel the onset of cold, I'm pretty sure once you've got it, it can't help you, but I guess it can't really hurt.

Emergen-C Raspberry

Also while I was perusing ways to get rid of my cold as quickly as possible, I saw a lot of information on essential oils. Have you used them? I've seen a few friends sell/post them on Facebook, but I'm just not sure I believe the hype....Thoughts?

 


Any other tricks of the trade?

5 comments:

  1. I really need to get on the lemon water trend. The funny thing is, my grandmother has been drinking that for years and I used to think it was goofy. She's a trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluids, fluids, fluids. My Grandy worked at a hospital for years and that was her go-to. I always love spicy + hot when I'm sick and love that lemon cayenne concoction!

    I am always curious about essential oils, but basically have only ever bit the bullet on tea tree oil and mix a drop into face stuff when I'm too greasy or broken out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon water in the morning. I did it for a long time, but have gotten away from it recently. Need to get back on the train.

    I've seen oils everywhere too, I've heard they are amazing...but I don't know if I want to spend the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never realized all the benefits of lemon water! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a huge skeptic with EO's and now I have converted myself & my hubby. We love them! They keep us well, cure what we've been fighting long before EO's, and even help with the pup's and Dutch!

    ReplyDelete