6.06.2016

Weekend Recap


 Friday's are one of my favorite days of the week lately - well, they always have been actually - but we start our Friday with a large latte and swim lessons which typically get our mornings started off on the right foot.

Plus, swim lessons normally guarantee an awesome nap, so the day just tends to unfold quite well. 

During Leo's nap on Friday, my girlfriend came over for a drink and we caught up and I got ready for a night out. 


We had a babysitter come at 6:00pm, and once we got her settled, Joel and I escaped to a wine bar for a drink.  


We had a dinner party at 7:30pm, but we wanted to sneak in some alone time since we were paying for a babysitter. 


After our drink, we went to a new friends house for an awesome dinner. We didn't sit down for dinner until 9pm, which is late for us these days, so we didn't get home until almost midnight.

However, when we got home, we had the best box waiting for us in our lobby.  
 

My friend MJ who works for Golden Flake (a southern chip company) had sent us a box filled to the brim of different types of chips - so after the sitter left, not going to lie.....Joel and I ripped into a few bags then and there!


Saturday I snuck away to get my hair done, and the rest of day we just hung out at home. We made chicken pot pies for dinner, split a bottle of wine we had bought the night before, and watched a movie.

Sunday morning after a run with Joel and Leo, I had a brunch date with another new girlfriend at Farmshop in Brentwood.

When I got home, Joel and I had a "stock the freezer" day. I wanted to load Joel up with some dinners for while I'm gone, so we spent a few hours in the kitchen chugging it out! 
 
 

  

I actually find it fun to spend a Sunday cooking with music and beer - and it makes me feel so productive to look at a freezer full of meals. These are our typical go-to's for meals that freeze well, but I want to try a few new ones once I get back from Chicago.

We had a productive and fun weekend together - and I'm ready to enjoy our last full week at home together before our long summer trip sneaks up on us next week! 



6 comments:

  1. I would love to know your freezer meal recipes! Especially for the meatballs those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would also love to have your freezer meal recipes! esp. the black bean enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive weekend for you guys! I agree about the swim lessons... Camden always takes a great nap after swim time! Jealous you guys got a date night! And, I need to start making some freezer meals. Yours look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I'm so glad you're getting back to Chicago for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leo looks just like you in the first picture in this post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you freeze the meatballs? Do you fully prep and then heat them up the day of? That is one of my favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete