7.22.2016

5 ::: Pet Peeves


pet peeve
noun
informal
noun: pet peeve; plural noun: pet peeves
                                something that a particular person finds especially annoying.

 

::: 1 :::
Rudeness

I find it especially annoying when it comes from grown adults. We have a neighbor in my building who literally says nothing when we say "Good morning!" or "How's it going?" . Its literally silence.  Like, can you not hear me?  Growing up, when you walked down the street, you said hello to people that passed you, wether you knew them or not (I think its a Midwest thing) because 50% of the time here, people at most will nod in response! I get personally insulted!

::: 2 ::: 
Texting in my face

I have a few friends (and maybe a sister.....) that are so bad about texting when we are in the middle of a conversation and unless its an actual emergency - it drives me insane. Not only do you feel like an idiot when you keep babbling and they are looking down, totally not focused at all, but it makes you feel like they have better things to do. I know I'm guilty of it....and my biggest offense is texting during a conversation with Joel....but I try really hard to not be that person. 

::: 3 :::
TV as background noise

If I'm not watching the TV, I don't like it to be playing in the background. I feel like it just adds more obnoxious noise, I don't like the look of the TV on (which is weird, I know) and creates sort of a chaotic energy for me. I do keep music on all day long, but that doesn't seem to bother me the way TV does. 

::: 4 ::: 
Chipped nails

They make me feel dirty and sloppy. Now that I can't get away to get my nails done more than a few times a month, I always have a light pink/clear manicure so that the growth doesn't send me over the edge. 

::: 5 ::: 
  Unmade beds

Can't do it. Haven't been able to since college. There are very few times I can remember not having my bed made and I think they've included very severe hangovers and/or fevers over 101! 


Funny Pictures Of The Day - 50 Pics:  

5 comments:

  1. We have a neighbor who had 7 kids and she and her husband will flat out ignore you when you say hello. Her kids are super friendly but they are total snobs! It drives me nuts because I don't get how we can pass each other on the same sidewalk and when I say "hi" I get no response! She isn't like that with everyone, of course she's friendly wth the doctors who live in our neighborhood, but I've heard many ppl complain about it. This is the south, we speak and say hello to everyone! Sorry for my rant it just makes me angry! Haha And I totally agree about the texting. So rude! Nothing is that important that you can't give me your undivided attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% with you on the TV as background noise. My parents (i.e. Richard!!) leaves the tv in the den on literally 24/7, even when he's not in the room- and it drives me insane. Is it really that difficult to turn the TV on and off? It's one button! I hate that kind of distraction. And it bothers me when you're talking on the phone and can hear someone's tv in the background. Pause it or put it on mute. It's distracting!
    Another random pet peeve of mine is not closing drawers/ cabinets all the way. I need every cabinet door in the kitchen to be shut. I think some people don't even realize they're not closing them all the way, but I would walk around my office kitchen closing cabinet doors behind people. Ughhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we meet one day, I promise not to text in your face. But you will not want to come to our house because we never make our bed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lived in Philadelphia all my life, and while people here aren't flat out rude, they certainly don't say hello when they walk by someone. I guess because it's all I've ever known, I'm used to it. But I went to Michigan for a wedding this spring, and it was my first time in the midwest, and everyone was SO NICE. Everyone said hello. Everyone was friendly. I couldn't get over it!! It made me wish Philaldephians were a little friendlier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed, except i love tv background noise. so weird, i know! we can still be friends tho! ;) and chipped nails are the worsttttt!

    ReplyDelete