7.20.2016

Random Updates

::: After a month in Chicago eating and drinking way too much, this past Monday we started a version of Whole 30. I say version, because if you follow Whole 30 - it's actually a pretty strict program with no "cheating". And, I'm a cheater. So, I'm doing my own version. I'm keeping milk in my coffee, I'm using some salad dressings, and I'm allowing myself some alcohol (although reduced). With those three things taken into consideration, I feel much less like I'm torturing myself. I hope next week to have my first full recap, but it's looking a lot like this-


::: I'm going deep on summer reading. I'm currently reading The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger, and loving it. I've got my eye on the below for my on deck reads.


::: Does anyone else hate the new Snapchat "memories" folder? I use snapchat a lot during the day and at the end of the day, I would press the little upload icon in the corner and all of the pictures would drop into my camera roll. Now, they go into this weird little section and you need to click 3 other things in order for them to show up on your phone. I find it really annoying.

::: What are you thinking about this season's bachelorette? I don't love, love any of the connections and I just don't see it lasting much past the show with any of the guys. I found out who won - and it totally spoiled it for me. I'll keep watching because what else am I going to do, but....I'm ready for the next one!

::: Leo has had cradle cap on and off since he was about 4 months old. I switched up shampoos, tried less baths, a little olive oil....nothing really worked until I used the DoTerra Coconut Oil. I put about a pea sized amount on his head, a soft bristle brush, and scrubbed away. It worked like a charm! I think we will need to do that about 1x/month because I'm seeing a tiny bit creep back, but it's been a good trick!

::: Another solid investment we've made? This $7 inflatable pool that I ordered from Amazon. We've had a few happy hours on the patio where Leo can just sit inside with a bunch of toys...or you can fill it with water and get some splashing time!



::: Leo is officially a tummy sleeper. He rocked his Merlin Man from month 5-9 and finally figured out a way to roll in it. It had to go bye-bye that day....so now officially have a tummy sleeper on our hands.

::: I read through a lot of my old blog posts yesterday - like from 3 or 4 years ago, and they inspired me! I feel like I never have anything to talk about....but looking back....I've never had anything to talk about! What I mean, is that in my old posts, I just talked about whatever I wanted to - and I miss that, so I'm going to try and go back to that!

::: I want to go see Bad Mom's SO bad. It looks hysterical and refreshing and like a really good excuse to go to the movies with friends. There hasn't been a great chick flick in the the theaters for months, so I'm hoping this one lives up to the previews. 

::: After the 4th of July, images of fall start to creep into my mind! I'm already started to get excited for it - which is fully insane - but I love nothing more than all of the #basic fall things! Especially college football!

::: We have a JAM PACKED next few months.....How does that keep happening to us? We have visitors almost every week for the next six weeks and then a really busy fall schedule too! I think this might just be life so I guess I should stop acting so shocked.

Don't be the one whose bitterness, smallness, and insecurities spill over into other peoples lives.:
 


9 comments:

  1. I will have to add some of those books to my list. I have been feeling the same way with eating so I was thinking of a modified Whole30 as well starting Sunday. I've been out of town for the last two weekends and haven't had time to just sit and meal prep. I would start this week but I'm house sitting! We can do it! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ "And I'm a cheater" .... hey you gotta do what you gotta do to make it work! I want to see Bad Moms so bad too!! It looks hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh girl, I have the advanced reader copy (PAPERBACK!!) of Truly Madly Guilty, so I can mail it to you when I'm done, unless you're ebooking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your random updates. And I'm really looking forward to what you're cooking these days! PS - i tried to order that pool and I ended up with one triple in size so it's currently taking up our entire living room. mom fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of those books are on my to-read list, too! Currently reading The Nest and it's been a pretty good summer read. Bad Moms does look hilarious! Perfect excuse for a girls night out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing your recipes and food photos. I can't wait to hear about your experience with whole 30! And you know I always love your random thoughts posts. They are always my favorite and I know they are fun to go back and read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're inspiring me to go do a modified Whole 30 diet as well! Especially since I'm already not eating dairy. I need to start reading again at night instead of messing around on my phone for hours! So thanks for the book rec! I wish we lived close and could see Bad Moms together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoy your blog by it is more like the old school blogs (not all rs crap! Actual life!) that said if you are looking for content ideas would love some more of your wine Recs, weeknight dinner posts-love for inspiration) and what you are buying for fall (for Joel too! David needs a clothes reboot and I need inspiration!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete