6.23.2017

Four on Friday

::: 1 :::
It is literally taking me basically until Thursday to catch up on my week enough to blog. I wish I could find a few more minutes or a few more morsels of energy, but it just hasn't happened these last few months. Joel is traveling for work a ton, and by the time the day wraps up by 7:30pm, I've got about zero desire to think! I know people manage to do SO much more than what is on my plate right now, but I'm just giving myself a little summer break and calling it what it is! The list of things I want to do, but haven't found the time or the energy is about a mile long at this point!
::: 2 ::: 
We did thankfully find time to celebrate Father's Day though. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but we had a nearly perfect day. Joel started his day off with a long 17 mile run, and then came home to a solid breakfast of french toast and eggs by request. We headed over to my parents after that to hang out with them and take our favorite dad and Papa out for a boat ride.

 

Right before nap time we gifted Joel and my Dad with some paddle boards for the lake! 


They were both really excited and can't wait to take them out. After Leo woke up from his nap, we all went over to the pool to swim and then had an early dinner outside. 


It was a perfect, family fun day that was easy and relaxing and just what Joel needed! 

::: 3 ::: 
If Joel isn't traveling next week, I'm really hoping I can convince him to install this light in the dining room. 

We have tons of family and friends coming and staying with us next week for the 4th of July holiday, and I'd love to cross it off the list (but since they arrive Tuesday, I'm sort of doubting it). I'm hoping the fixture isn't too small for the big room, but I love the style of it so I'm hoping we can make it work. 

::: 4 :::

Next week is my absolute favorite weekend of the year here in Crystal Lake. We do the 4th of July well! We are going to be slammed with friends, family, a wedding, a parade, fireworks, BBQs, parties, birthdays, and a neighborhood fest, so if you don't see me for the next three weeks, it's likely from exhaustion ;) 

50+ Incredible Inspirational Quotes

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the Fourth is gonna be here so quickly! That light fixture is so pretty, hope it gets hung soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome 4th you guys have planned and I dig that light fixture. I feel you on the exhaustion. I feel like I am running on empty this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love that new light fixture! We are eventually going to update the light fixtures in our house, but I kind of find the whole process a bit overwhelming, so just gave up. I'd love to see how it looks once you guys get it installed! I have felt the same way about blogging lately too; I don't know how everybody else manages to do so much...I feel like there must be something wrong with me! Have a great weekend, and I'm glad Joel had a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete