8.14.2018

Lately

 
 ::: Schools in our area are back to school THIS week! How is that possible?!?! And I got Leo's supply list for school this year, which shocked me silly a bit. He will be going 3x/week from 8-10:30 and then I'm planning on having him do a "stay and play" program once a week once we get comfortable with the school routine. 

Back To School Party The Night Before - First Day of School Traditions - Photos

::: Leo and Drew have both LOVED getting on the boat this summer. Leo could ride around on it for hours, and every time we go on Drew fall instantly asleep. 

 


::: My cousin, Luke is a budding photographer and took family photos for us this past weekend. We did as best as we could with two small babies, and actually got a few amazing keepers in the 40 minutes we were out posing. I can't wait to see the whole roll.


::: During the summer, our park district puts on lots of adorable community events. We've gotten to a lot of the beach concerts that they host on Tuesdays, but this past Friday they had a kids night - and the weather and evening couldn't have been more ideal. They had games and music for kids, and then they put on the movie Coco at dusk. 

 

We ended up leaving around 8:45, right around when the movie started, but it was such a fun night out.

 

::: I've had some bad luck with a lot of my favorite things this summer - and it honestly is taking a lot of strength to not just cry about it. I lost my favorite sunglasses over the 4th of July weekend, my blue Tiffany heart came off of my charm bracelet, and my L & D necklace broke after no more than two months wearing it.  



::: Potty training hasn't been easy for us. We've got peeing down - and we're pretty much accident free - but going #2 hasn't happened on the potty yet (we're about 10 days in). I bought a mini potty, made the smoothie in "Oh Crap", did another soft "bootcamp" day, changed my language, tried the play-doh trick, have gone naked, have stopped taking about, all of that jazz, and doing it on the potty is just really, really intimidating for our little guy. And it's really, really, really frustrating and exhausting for me. 


::: There is something about the fall that has me wanting to "fluff" my house a bit. I was just thinking how long its been since I had a great Home Goods trip! Off topic, but truthful! ;)  


::: We are heading to Steamboat in about two weeks for our first family vacation! We are all SO excited - but it's going to take some adjusting from all of us since we're new to moving this big of crew. The sheer amount of stuff we have to take is starting to make me break out in hives - but I know it will be worth it. We're renting an awesome townhouse - and I know having house-like amenities will make the trip SO much easier.  

Steamboat Springs, CO

2 comments:

  1. Ugg, potty training really tries a mama’s patience!! I felt like we spent hours and hours in the bathroom. It will come though! One thing that helped is I bought a new toy and my daughter got the toy when she went poo. It still took awhile, but eventually it worked. It’s still a work in progress, but sometimes bribing is motivating. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting my kid to poop in the potty was the worst. He did it once and I think I made to big of deal out of it. Then we went to the grocery store and the fire truck was there and he got a full tour. I told him it was because he pooped in the potty. I think he thought, "well, it's never going to be this good again." It was a full YEAR before he did it again. Kids! Good luck. Steamboat is awesome. I bet you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete