8.30.2018

Quick Dinner Ideas

I've sort of rotated through all of my summer meals - and was getting bored of a lot of the same salads and dinners, so last week I made two different dinners that I thought I'd share. Both were quick, easy, and low carb.


Buffalo Meatballs over a Cobb Salad 
(because calling it a Buffalo Meatball Salad makes me gag).


Meatballs: 
1 lb turkey
4 diced green onions
1/2 breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup Parmesan
touch of salt
touch of pepper
touch of garlic powder
touch of caynee pepper

Roll into balls, place into slower cooked for 6 hours on low and cover with Reds Buffalo Sauce

Salad: 
Arugula, shredded carrots, diced cherry tomatoes, 1-2 hard boiled eggs, crumbled blue cheese - top with creamy blue cheese dressing


This below is not my recipe, but a really good SkinnyTaste staple - and one that I think most kids would really like too.






I served mine with a salad I made with everything I had at home, and tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette.

What you need for the chicken: 
  • chicken breasts
  •  kosher salt
  • black pepper
  • 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (thyme, oregano and basil)
  • 6 tbsp Dijon mustard 
  • 1 teaspoon of diced garlic
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
What I did:
  1. Mix herbs, garlic and mustard in a bowl.
  2. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate
  3.  Dip chicken in the mustard-herb mixture then dredge each in the bread crumb-cheese mixture.
  4. Place chicken in the pan and brown each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
  5. Bake in at 400 oven for 5 to 8 minutes
 Serve with a salad! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the mustard chicken from Skinnytaste! Thanks for reminding me to put it back in the rotation.

    ReplyDelete