11.29.2018

Thanksgiving Recap

This is late - I know everyone is well over Thanksgiving and on to the next and best, but I need to recap it for myself, so hang in there with me! 

---

Thursday morning we dropped the kids off early at my parents so that Joel and I could meet friends to run in the Turkey Trot. I've been running them (with 2 exceptions) for the last 14 years! Isn't that insane? 


Funny enough, this one was one of my favorites. The weather was just cold enough that it felt appropriate for Thanksgiving (30), but not freezing that the run sucked. 


We had tons of fun, Joel came in 8th, I had a few really fast miles (10:17!), and after we celebrated with all of our friends, we headed back home to get everyone ready. 

We picked up my parents around 10:30, and we all shipped off to Western Springs to celebrate the day.


Most of the day was spent drinking champagne, hanging out with cousins, eating pizza bread and cheese, and just enjoying being together. 

 

 

 
When we sat down at the table - with all 46 of us - all of the adults went around to say what they were thankful for.....and.....probably half cried.


After dessert, we put the kids Christmas jammies on, loaded back in to the car, and headed home. 

 

This is my Grandma, with most of her Great Grand Children......I think 5 are missing from this picture....

It was the perfect day, truly, and I am so beyond Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment