11.30.2018

Five on Friday

::: 1 ::: 

First off - my mom turned SIXTY yesterday!!!! She and my dad are celebrating down in Florida but I'm so excited to see her tonight to welcome her into her next decade. She is my best friend, role model, life support, and all around idol and I am so beyond thankful for her every minute of every day. 
::: 2 ::: 


Holy Shit Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'm financially exhausted. Anyone feel the same? We have SO much going on in December and it just feels like we are throwing money left at right out the window. We aren't being too stupid with all of the purchases, but it feels like hundreds of dollars are being spent every day and it gets a little suffocating! 
::: 3 ::: 

 Image result for island christmas nancy
I just bought this book to read for December. I need something SUPER light and airy and fun to read, and Nancy Thayer never disappoints for me. 
::: 4 ::: 

Last Saturday, my parents and sisters, along with Joel's parents, headed downtown to do the Lincoln Park Zoo Lights. We managed to pick a perfect weather day for it (like 45 degrees), and everything worked out pretty seamlessly for traveling with such a big group. 


The lights are spectacular, they do such a great job, and for it to be a free zoo and light display, is pretty incredible. 

 

You don't end up seeing a ton of animals (it's cold, and dark), but Leo's still talking about the two lions he did see, so it wasn't a total bust.


We had a nice dinner at Stella Barra afterwards and had everyone tucked into their beds before 8:30. It was a great evening spent.

 


::: 5 ::: 
 
This weekend we have our first ever  Black Tie charity event on Saturday night. I'm really excited for it - although, I hope it lives up to the hype in my mind. The money raised goes to a historical landmark (and the arts) in our community, so that part I really like and there will be an auction, whiskey tasting, and performance - along with wine and dancing....so it shouldn't disappoint. We have quite a few friends going, so it should be pretty special. I'll try to report back sooner than later here!

champagne

5 comments:

  1. Finally got caught up on your blog! I'm loving all the festive posts!! I'm so with you on the money situation, ugh. I was just thinking the same thing yesterday--I feel like I can't get around spending at least $100 at every store/website I visit. I'll be interested to see what you think of that book! I never read festive books this time of year, which is incredibly stupid because that's totally something up my alley. Definitely need to add some to my list. & happy birthday to your gorgeous momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the $$. It just freaks me out! Love Nancy Thayer books. I just picked up Busy Phillips new book, This should only hurt a little. Hoping it is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, happy birthday to your mama! I love that you all do things with both parents at the same time!!! Yall have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday crap. Ugh...my credit card is on fire! 🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum looks amazing, definitely does not look 60! Love how close you guys are. It is so overwhelming with all the spending this time of year, trying to keep in all in perspective is really hard, I am ready for another payday!!!

    ReplyDelete