11.28.2017

Lately

::: Well, I'm feeling really pregnant. It is fitting though, I'm 36 weeks tomorrow, so I guess that comes with the territory. I can really feel myself slowing down in all areas. I'm not sleeping well at night which means by 1pm, I'm about down for the day. Thankfully Leo has been a trooper and since we've never really been homebodies, its been kind of fun to just be home. I do wish I was a touch more productive in my "nesting" stage, but, thankfully Joel is super helpful on the weekends and we're getting there.


::: The only crazy black Friday/cyber Monday sales we took advantage of was finishing off my "registry" and ordering Christmas cards. A blog reader asked what I ordered/bought for baby the second time around, and so I'm going to try and see if I can create a little post for it for this week.

::: And speaking of Christmas cards, I've always been so loyal to Minted, but I took advantage of a 50% off sale on Tiny Prints and spent literally half what I have been spending in years past. I'm hoping the quality is pretty close but I'll report back.

::: Beyond that, the over the top consumption actually makes me a little crazy and totally overwhelmed. Because of that, I end up turning the other way and not doing a lot of shopping. I know that I probably missed a ton of great deals, but it's just so over the top I can't handle it. 

::: Christmas gifts around here are going to pretty sparse too. On my Christmas list? New slippers, lounge clothes, and alcohol (not kidding)....and Joel has a pretty short list too. Leo is getting just a few items from Santa that will mainly keep him busy for when little sister arrives and that's about it. Joel and I have to get a plan together for our brothers/sisters/parents/nieces/nephews....and I would love to get that wrapped up, no pun intended, in like the next week or two since if baby surprises us......gifts are going to be quite delayed! 

:::: And back to baby business.....I really need to think about putting together a hospital bag soon. I've been delaying because it makes it feel a little too real. Looking at the suitcase will give me major anxiety, so I'm thinking about waiting 2 more weeks to do it and then basically hiding it until we need it

:::Plus, this time, I pretty much know what I'm bringing. I brought a blanket, pillow, and sound machine when we had Leo, and all three of those will be coming back with us this time too. Along with a cozy robe, nursing tanks and bras, cozy sweats and a long sweater to arrive and leave in, plus a a pair of slippers and that's about it. The baby will have a few sleepers, maybe her stocking for an announcement picture, and a paci, and that's about it.

::: I wanted to take pictures of my fall/Halloween decor and just never got to it, so I'm realllllly hoping I can get some pictures taken around the house of all of the Christmas decorations we have put up. It's been really fun decking the new halls, and for as much fun as I have had inside, Joel really loved doing the outside too - and it looks awesome. 


::: I've missed blogging, and my lack of blogging has also meant that I've been lacking on taking pictures! The good part of that....I'm less attached to my phone...but the bad part is that I really haven't been capturing all of the fun activities we've been up to. 

Thanksgiving, The Festival of Lights parade in our local downtown, a family cocktail party, a freezer meal day, and lots of nursery updates filled our long weekend - 



 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you about Black Friday. I feel it used to not be so bad, but this year it really stressed me out. I also use Shutterfly and Tiny Prints, and I think the cards are still nice. I love Minted, but there is no way I can convince my husband. Also, be gentle with yourself, and I'm glad you are enjoying the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee you're getting sooooo close. I know you are ready. Let us know about Tiny Prints quality over Minted. I just ordered yesterday from Minted but I may be willing to switch next year. They're just so so expensive! PS - we should swap cards!

    ReplyDelete