11.09.2017

Reading, Watching, Listening, & Cooking

Reading: I'm reading the Winter Street series by Elin Hilderbrand. It's the perfect series for this time of year. It's pretty predictable, and pretty light, but it's overall easy, cozy, and relaxing and I've really enjoyed reading them. I'm on the 3rd book right now (that's my one complain, it's getting a little expensive, since I've had to buy 4 books and the newest one below is $13.99 on my kindle), but I saw TWO other women at the spa I was at last weekend reading Winter Solstice too. Image result
Watching: Hallmark Christmas movies. I haven't caught any new ones yet, but I've rewatched some of my favorites from last year. Let me know if you find one that I should DVR. 

Also, I'm really trying to like American Housewife but I don't think I do.
Image result for American Housewife ABC
I want to like it, and I have been watching each week's episode but it's so OVERLY acted and extreme, they're kind of just ruining it for me.

Listening: Well, I've been loving that The Big Boo cast has been putting out more podcasts lately - so I've been listening to them a lot, but I've also been listening to Ben and Ashley Almost Famous. I don't think I can even recommend this one, it's ex-bachelor contestants - with very little depth on anything but I've listened to like 3 episodes while I've done random house things, and it's fine background chatter.
 
Image result for ben and ashley almost famous

Please throw any recommendations my way. I prefer podcasts to be bloggery/talk radioy, versus listening to a story, but I'd love to hear what you are enjoying lately.
Cooking: On Halloween I made Pintrest's ever famous ham and cheese sliders and holy cow are they good! I actually decided to triple the recipe so that I could freeze 18 of them, so I'll let you know how they are as a freezer meal once we break into them (post baby!).

also, I made my first batch of tomato soup of the season and it was SO good. I use this recipe, and it really couldn't be simpler.

Let me know what your RWL&C too! 

3 comments:

  1. I think I still have one more winter book to read in that series but I'm not sure which one haha, I will need to check my kindle. I need some new podcasts too so if you hear of any let me know. That soup looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the podcast Reality Life with Kate Casey. She has people from reality shows, producers with behind the scenes details and other comedians discussing the shows they watch. They're fun to listen to when I'm walking outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete