10.22.2018

Weekend Recap

Joel was gone almost the entire week at a work conference, so I was VERY happy to see him and Friday arrive! 

Friday night I was at a neighbors for book club. We read The Woman Who Smashed Codes. It's not a book I loved, but it was fun to catch up with friends over snacks and wine, and I didn't get home until after midnight! 

Saturday morning, I knew the only way I would have a productive day was to get in a good workout, so Joel and the kids and I went for my longest run to date - and I actually could have done more but Drew was ready for a nap. 

 


Joel's dad came over around lunch time to watch the kids for a few hours so Joel and I could get the second coat of paint on the basement. The paint looks decent downstairs, the lighting is a little dark - but its way better than the cement walls.

I've been pintrest stalking all weekend of how to make it a little more cozy down there without full blown finishing it.

Tales of Painted Basement Ceilings and Pole Dancing Woes 

basement play room string lights kid cave unfinished basement kid toys storage and organization

We have to add dry wall to a few spots, and it's our goal to get that done this winter. I think this year Joel and his dad are also going to try and build a storage closet for wine and some shelves for me. Next winter I think we will spray paint the ceiling and slowly add furniture and a ping pong table down there. This is how it is looking after one coat - but I'll try and take some "finished" pictures and get them up here. 


Saturday afternoon once the kids were up from naps we went to a friends for a little fall party. The kids painted pumpkins and then spent the rest of the time in the basement. 




We ended up putting Drew down in a pack and play for a little while so that we could enjoy our pizza and drinks, and we all had the best time. When we left, all four of the big kids had to help wake little Drewbie up.


Sunday I was hurting (again!!), but tried to burn it off by cleaning everything in the basement. We wiped all of the surfaces, vacuumed and mopped. Leo even got in on the action. 


After baths for everyone, I ordered groceries, planned out the week a bit, and then went to my parents house for the Bears game and dinner. 

We had a great weekend of balancing some house tasks and having too much fun, so I'm ready for a slow day today - and an early bedtime ;) 

Glennon Doyle Melton

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for getting so much done and getting a run in too! And yay for fun times with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly had a busy weekend! And productive! The basement looks really good!

    ReplyDelete