7.17.2009

Class Day #2

Day two of writing for thirty minutes. I don't know if I really have thirty minutes of things to talk about, but I'll try. Yesterday I began packing up my room. For the last two years I have lived in an apartment filled with a lot of fun, laughs, some screaming, and a lot of really great memories. It is bittersweet to be leaving. I'm getting excited to move (next door) to my new apartment, but the move will be temporary. I have to begin a search for a sub-leaser for the 2nd semester, because in December, I will move back home. I had to stay at school for the summer, and while it has been fun and different, I miss being at home with my family. I miss Sunday dinners, and going for boat rides, and taking walks with my mom in the morning. I miss the comfort, and ease of home, so I think I will doubly appreciate living there next semester. That, and since I won't be making any money student teaching, it will be very nice not to have to buy groceries!

I do have to say, TGIF. It has been a long, detoxing-ish week. I tried hard to sweat out Vegas this week, and I'm ready to relax this weekend. Joel has been working 10 hour days this week, so we're excited to spend some time together. We are trying a new (for us) Spanish restaurant that we've been trying to get to all summer. The rest of the weekend, we'll continue the big move, and I hope to be done and moved into the new apartment by the middle of next week. Also this weekend, Joel and I our going to purchase plane tickets for our next trip! At the end of August, Joel's twin cousins are having a double wedding reception! The wedding is in Nashville, Tennessee, where a lot of Joel's family is from. I haven't met any of them, so I can't wait to go spend a weekend visiting. I've heard nothing but good things and I will be sure to wear some Vols apparel. I'm hoping that it will help with winning them over ;)

Okay, I'm going to try and spend the next ten minutes figuring out how to post some pictures! The pictures will be a taste of our time in Vegas....and then when I have class next Monday, I'll update again! Have a great weekend to whoever may be reading this lovely class assignment!

xoxo,
Tess















No comments:

Post a Comment