5.27.2011

Physical


Yep. It's that time. I have my first "Adult" physical on Saturday morning. I did some research for my own purposes, but I thought it might be helpful to share.

Here are some things the Doc will check out.......along with the numbers I want to see: 
  • Blood pressure: less than 120 over 80 is a normal blood pressure.
  • Heart rate: Values between 60 and 100 are considered normal.
  • Glucose levels:  A "random" blood glucose test taken at any time. A normal blood glucose range is in the low to mid 100s. A diagnosis of diabetes is made if your blood glucose reading is 200 mg/dl or higher and you have symptoms of disease such as fatigue, excessive urination, excessive thirst or unplanned weight loss
  • Cholesterol:  
    • Total: Below 200mg, 
    • Triglyceride: 150mg
    • LDL: 100mg
    • HDL: +60mg

During my research, it said a lot of doctors make you fast for 12 hours before the exam. My doctor didn't mention anything like that, so I think I'm going to have to give him a call tomorrow and check if he needs me to do so. 

I get pretty bad anxiety when it comes to doctors and health, but I'm hopeful, and confident for great results and the relief I will feel when I get a thumbs up. 

--- 

I have a whole line up of fun activities for the weekend, and hopefully I'll remember to use my nice camera to document. Have an amazing long weekend!

2 comments: