5.19.2011

A Weighty Issue

I hate to sound like a broken record - and I'm about to.

Back Story:
I connnnstantly obsess work on my food intake, exercise output, and the number on the scale. I've been the same weight, plus or minus a few lbs, for the last 6 or 7 years and to be honest, for the past 6 or 7 years I've wanted to be about 15 pounds thinner. 
On Thanksgiving morning, I ran a 10k, and decided I'd stop running for the winter season. Pair my lack of running, with holiday eating, I gained about 7 pounds. After Christmas, I realized that I needed to get busy again, so I enlisted a trainer.

Flash forward 4 months later and I didn't lose a pound. 

And here we are today:
I still have those sticky 7lbs from the winter, and it's about time to get rid of them, and hopefully they'll take a few more of their friends with them. 
My current "program" is not eating carbs for breakfast or lunch. I've been doing it for one week , and I'm already down -2.5lbs.
My loose plan is so far pretty easy, and I'm finding that the key is preparation and having lots of fresh food in the house.

Breakfast is looking like yogurt and a fruit smoothie with a scoop of peanut butter.
Lunch is turkey, a cheese stick, carrots, an apple, nuts, and a banana.
PM snack is normally a Chai tea latte.
 
 I'm trying to get 5 cardio workouts in a week and that's about the best I can do. I'm still indulging in a drink(s) at night, and do allow myself a small scoop of ice cream after dinner too. 


I have a physical scheduled for next Saturday which will hopefully give me some intense, short term motivation.

I'm hoping my results will last as long term motivation.


Here goes nothin'!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan!! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in the exact same boat. 15-20 and I'd be so happy. It's hard but I bet you can do it, sounds like you have a good plan. Problem for me is I hate working out. Good luck though, I am sure you can achieve those results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! I stopped working out about a month ago and have put on 3 lbs since. Kind of annoyed with myself. This weekend I am getting my butt back to the gym. Hopefully this will motivate me:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I love Dannon Light & Fit yogurt!! (I actually get the Harris Teeter generic)

    ReplyDelete
  5. let us know how it goes!! I have been the SAME EXACT weight for like 8 years and randomly gained six pounds last month. It's so disheartening. I'm working on designing a routine to begin in June and may need to use some of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete