6.12.2015

Five on Friday

 


::: 1 :::

It's been one of those weeks around here. 
We had a hole in our patio that needed to be repaired. Well, it's been raining a lot in the mornings here so each day that I arranged to be home for a 6-8 hour stretch the repair guy would have to cancel on me last minute. We literally had to reschedule 6 days. They were finally able to come on Wednesday afternoon (day 1 or the 2 day repair)...


::: 2 :::
....Well, all of the jack hammering on our patio caused the rod in my freshly organized closet to come crashing down. Not a fun process, and poor Roscoe was in his kennel at the time underneath all of those clothes, totally unharmed (thanks to a strong metal kennel) but scared out of his mind! And now we wait for another repair team to come out.

::: 3 ::: 
 
I was able to sneak in a hair appointment in this week and my hair dresser totally nailed the color. I'm always obsessed with Kristen Taekman's hair so I gave my hairdresser the instagram images as inspiration and 3 hours later it was pretty damn close!



::: 4 :::
I've never worn foundation or concealer, but my skin has taken a hit these last few months, so my girlfriend Laura - my makeup guru - did the research for me and recommended Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I'm obsessed (I wear a level 4 if you decide to buy it too). It goes on like face lotion but it's really light, leaves a little bit of a dewy look, totally brightens and evens, and doesn't feel like I have makeup on my face at all. I've even stopped using my bronzer because I really don't need it with this product. I hate spending money on makeup, but this is something that I will not allow to run out! Highly recommended!

::: 5 :::
This weekend we are pretty packed in! We are celebrating our friends MBA graduation from UCLA tonight, working with a trainer to get Roscoe ready for baby, registering at Pottery Barn Kids and Buy Buy Baby, celebrating a girlfriends birthday AND getting ready for a friend's visit and my trip to Nashville next week! It should be a good one!

Choose Happiness

9 comments:

  1. That's too bad about your patio! Hopefully, they can get it all fixed up soon! The closet thing has definitely happened to me in the past and I think I left it like that for a few days out of frusteration lol! Love your hair color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the rocky start to your week but I am LOVING your new hair color! Hope you have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! I've always liked Kristen's hair too, just not too fond of her. :/ Have fun registering! I might do some this weekend as well!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that couldn't have been a fun day for Roscoe! I just started using the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and I love it so far. It's the perfect light base for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Registering is so fun! I've only helped as nanny/aunt but I love all things baby related :) I think it's great to register at a place like PBK for all the cute, more personal things and then some place like Target, Amazon, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby for everything else. I've never been to a Buy Buy Baby since there isn't one in LA. But the area they have at Bed Bath and Beyond on Olympic looks pretty comprehensive (I think that's a partnership with Buy Buy Baby?). Can't wait to see what you register for!

    Glad Roscoe is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stylist knows blonde; it looks fantastic, lady!! Complexion Rescue is amazing for sure (my boss actually turned me on to it). The humidity here just makes it gross to wear foundation right now (no matter how sheer) so I'm "saving" the rest of mine for...oh...November ;) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is amaaazing, but omg please don't borrow Kristen's personality. Maybe I'm turning into a Bethanny, but she is on my NERVES this season. Such a little brat.

    Haha, I think I need to back away from the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, poor Roscoe!! :( Glad he's ok though.

    I love the hair, so gorgeous!

    I am a huge fan of Tarte makeup. Amazing coverage, it's pretty natural, and I don't need a lot. Just in case you're looking for other recs. ;) For concealer though, I use MAKEUP FOR EVER HD. By far the best I have found.

    ReplyDelete