Every Monday night I try and make a salad for dinner. It's a nice way to detox from the weekend and start the week off on the right foot.
I had been on a steak salad kick the last few weeks but this past Monday was the first day in LA that really felt like summer, so I decided to mix it up and make this yummy summer salad.
I used the recipe as my base, but I made a lot of changes based on what I thought would taste good - and oh my god - what came out was delicious.
And I tossed my salad before I had a chance to snap a pretty pic!
- 1 pkg of goat cheese, crumbled
- 5 cooked beets (prepackaged at Trader Joes), cut into strips
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 pkg of shaved carrots (prepackages at TJs)
- 1 large peach, sliced thinly
- lots of Candied walnuts
For the Toasted Walnut Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- big pinch coarse salt and pepper
Hope you enjoy!