2.23.2016

Creating Space for a Playroom

 Pre-Leo, part of our living space looked like this - (minus the Christmas tree). 


When Leo came, the area where the Christmas tree was, became his nook. We set up a play mat and hung out there. We also had a swing in the left corner right beside the leather chair.


This area behind the living room was a fun little wine nook and a nice walkway to the patio - but ultimately, it started to feel like a lot of wasted square feet. 

 

Literally in middle of the night a few weeks ago, I got the grand idea to move a few things around to make this area behind the living room "Leo Land". After a little convincing - Joel and I made the switch last weekend - and it actually worked!


We broke up the china cabinet and wine fridge so that they sandwich the TV, and while it's cramped, it doesn't look too out of the ordinary. 

  

The china cabinet is my absolute favorite piece of furniture, so I actually really enjoy looking at it from my seat on the couch. 


 

Once those things were moved, I ordered this SkipHop floor mat from Amazon, moved in a book shelf from our bedroom (that was used as a makeshift changing table in our room when Leo was a newborn), and let my cousin borrow our swing for her baby arriving in April.  


 
I need a lamp for the left side of the book shelf and maybe a few fun prints or big letters, but for now, we are absolutely LOVING a designated area to hang out and play in - somewhat separate from the living room.


As Joel knows well.....nothing is ever done....but so far so good!

8 comments:

  1. Way to be creative with your space! Love the playmat you have. I'm sure Leo loves his new play area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little area!! It's nice to have a space for y'all to play!


    Need that mat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love how you created a separate space for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I registered for the same mat!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it's nice for him to have a designated little nook! I love that rattan chair by the wine fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good! I'm sure Leo loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice mat, I love to have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mat is just gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete