2.15.2016

Valentine's Day Weekend Recap

We had such a packed and fun weekend.

Friday afternoon was kind of a doozy....Leo was fussing, and I had been feeling a little run ragged, so when Joel randomly came home around 4:30 - I took my chance to escape for a bit. My girlfriend and I met for drinks outside, which turned to dinner and before I knew it - Joel had given Leo a bath and put him to bed by the time I got home at 7:30pm.

Not only was it so refreshing to just get out of the house on such a whim, but it also gave me another opportunity to see that Joel is a pretty amazing Dad and Husband. He happily pushed me out the door, never called with concerns or questions, and actually enjoyed the few hours he had with Leo solo. 

Ok, but the real fun started on Saturday.


We loaded up the car around 8am and drove about 90 minutes north to Santa Barbara. We made a pit stop in Montecito but after waiting in line for thirty minutes for a croissant, feeding the baby in the car, and Joel taking work calls, it just didn't work out the way we imagined, so we loaded back into the car and decided to go right in Santa Barbara for a much needed walk.


The weather was a lot colder and muggier in the morning than we were expecting, but Leo had fun looking out, and it was nice to not have the sun beating down on us during the walk. 

Our favorite spot in SB is Corks'n'Crowns, so we stopped there first for a glass of champagne after our walk. We sat out on the patio and just marveled at our favorite city. 


 

If it wasn't for Joel's job, we would move up there in a hot second.

Leo only lasted a bit before he was ready for a nap, so we stuck him in the stroller and went for lunch at Metropulos - the best deli ever, and had sandwiches outside. 




After lunch, we ventured to a new-to-me spot called Santa Barbara Wine Collective. It is a beautiful spot - and we ended up spending the rest of our afternoon there.

              


Leo had such an absolute blast being outside and being constantly held. He honestly had a twenty minute giggle fest that had the entire restaurant in hysterics. It will forever go down as one of my favorite memories, and I was able to catch a little video of it, so if I figure it out I'll try and post it on here later. It was just too sweet. 

It was such a relaxing, low key day spent with my boys. I had dreamed about taking Leo up to Santa Barbara when I was pregnant - and to finally live it out was pretty amazing.


We left pretty early, and made it home in time to make dinner at home (salmon burgers), give Leo a bath, and watch the dunk contest. 

Sunday morning, Joel was up at 4:30am to go for a long run in the mountains with his friends. They did ten miles before the sun even came up.


I was on Leo duty in the morning but when I crawled out of bed to go get the baby, I had this sweet surprise waiting for me. 


Once Joel came home and we had breakfast, I went out for my own run. Part of the LA marathon ran right by our house, so I ran along side all of the awesome runners for 3 miles before Joel and Leo met me and we cheered on some of the athletes. 


That afternoon we made some major changes to our living room. We moved around a ton of furniture and cleared out a bigger space for Leo and all of his things. 


It's not totally picture perfect, but I'm going to try and take a few pictures and get them up here this week. 

Overall it was a love filled, productive weekend - and I hope it was the same for you!



7 comments:

  1. What an amazing weekend!! Joel is a KEEPER for sure!! What a good guy :) I loved following all your snaps this weekend. Leo is such a cutie and what a little trooper for you on Saturday. Way to go buddy. Keep it up, the more you take him out and about the better he'll be at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great weekend! Your snaps made me so jealous that you live in a warmer climate. I just want to go on walks and sit on a patio so bad!! And what a nice Vday present! Your boys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing weekend! It looks like your time in Santa Barbara was so much fun and that Leo enjoyed it. Love the sweet gift Joel gave you, and that is super impressive about both your morning's runs! Can't wait to see how you rearranged your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm so much fun! Saturday seemed like the perfect day. Go Joel for being such a good daddy and making you go hang out with your friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa Barbara looks like such a beautiful place! Glad you were able to take Leo there! Joel is one great daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Joel sounds like such an amazing partner..I love that he let you sneak out when he could tell you needed a break on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 week diet is a simple and quick weight loss and dietary plan for all those people who are really serious about losing their stubborn fat through little changes in their daily diet . in 3 week diet guide, brain flat has mentioned about weight loss tips clearly in detail . the first phase of 3 week diet plan is ment for those people who wish to get rid of the stubborn body fat and quickly .benefits of 1. best value for money $47 . easy to follow simple methods . 3. provides fast results .4. suitable for both men and women of any age 5. uses scientifically proven techniques 6. comes with 60 days money back guarantee.
    the 3 week diet

    ReplyDelete