2.13.2017

Weekend Recap

On Friday afternoon, I accepted a part time job!

The opportunity came to me back in December when my old boss caught wind that I was moving back to Chicago. He reached out to see if I would be interested in a part time sales position - one that would be a work from home gig - and with the help of my mom and Joel's mom - I couldn't say no.I start in two weeks, and while there will be some training downtown Chicago, mostly I'll be working from our office from 12-4:30pm, 4 days a week. I'm really excited to see what a little extra work on my plate will do for our family...for good or for bad...but here goes nothing! 

To celebrate, I went out and got my hair and nails done, and then Joel and I went out to dinner with friends so it was a fun impromptu, baby-free celebration! 

---

Saturday morning my mom picked me up before 9am, and we headed into the city to celebrate her birthday! 

My sister is the events director at a new hotel in Bucktown/Wicker Park called The Robey. 


If you live in Chicago, you have to visit. The views, location, ambience, and food are absolutely incredible.


We walked across the street to Publican Anker for a pretty solid brunch.

 

It was packed to the brim, and while brunch fit the bill, it was a bit over done for me. The brunch menu is pretty small, and of the 7 or 8 dishes we got, I really only totally loved one.


Before we knew it, it was time to head over to the PrivateBank theater for Hamilton! 


We bought these tickets back in October and have honestly been looking forward to the show for months. 


I wasn't sure what all the hype was about, but my final verdict is that there still isn't even enough hype for how good it is.


The music is unbelievable, the story, message, show, everything about it blew me away and had me wiping away tears at the end. It is a MUST SEE, and it honestly is worth the expensive price tag. 

After the show, we went over to Mama's Boy for a really solid dinner. Classic Italian food but we had a great bottle of wine, great appetizers (the burrata salad was my favorite) and an overall great time.

We capped it off with a cup of tea at The Robey cafe and went to bed before ten! 

Sunday I was home really early since my little Leo caught a little cold. I knew something was inevitable since he is new to these Chicago germs, but I'm hoping its short lived and he's back to his healthy self in no time.


Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your new job! What a fun weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the part time job! You can do it momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an exciting new opportunity that is now available online.

    Large companies are paying average people for sharing their opinions!

    You can earn up to $75 per survey!

    And it's open to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete