3.16.2018

Five on Friday

Image result for smidge of this five on friday blog button


::: 1 ::: 
Ohhhhhh right when you think you've got it figured out, they send you a curve ball, don't they! Sweet baby Drew has decided this week to petition against bottles. She has taken one bottle of pumped breast milk everyday since she was about a week or two old, and out of no where, just decided that she wanted to put up a fight. We've tried everything, and honestly, we're not that overwhelmed by it (#secondkid), but it's annoying. She eventually takes it, strangely seems to take it best from me, but I'm really hoping this is a phase that passes fast. 
::: 2 :::

We hit up Barnes & Noble twice this week. It's my favorite spot to go to when it's cold in the mornings because Leo loves it, they have a Starbucks, and if you get there right when it opens, it hasn't been overrun with too many kids yet. 

 

::: 3 :::
Cheers
 I turn 30 in just a month and a half! I can't even believe it! I'm really excited for my thirties, but I'm just not sure how to welcome them in. I've thought about doing a bowling party (seriously), maybe taking myself to LA to visit my girlfriends, or going with the family up to Wisconsin for a long weekend. 

::: 4 :::
Drew is officially 12 weeks yesterday, and I feel like we are coming into our groove. We're getting out more, I can predict our days a bit more, and I feel more like myself with each passing week. Spring is flirting with us, and I just feel like I have so much more of a handle on things (mentally mostly) than I did the first 8 weeks. Some days I just want all of the "praise hands" that I'm not pregnant, its not winter, and we don't have a newborn anymore. 

::: 5 :::
Virgin Beer Cocktail with Cucumber & Basil
We're going reallllll wild with St.Patty's Day this year. I'm talking outfits, food, and beer. And that's coming in the form of cute clothes for the kids, corned beef in the crockpot, and maybe a drop of food dye into a beer we will have at home. 
 

1 comment:

  1. 30 is SUCH a fun milestone. I actually did a bowling party for my 30th, and it was a blast! The further I've gotten into my 30's, I feel so much more casual and laid back with life, and that bowling party was the most laid back party I've ever had, lol. Friends and family, some pitchers of draft beer, bowling alley pizza, and a lot of fun!

    Getting out of that newborn fog is THE BEST. How lucky that it coincides with pretty Spring days!

    ReplyDelete