3.19.2018

Weekend Recap

 

SUCH a glorious weekend. From start to finish, it was really perfect. It started off a little early with one of my best girlfriends JJ coming to stay with us on Friday.

We decided to hit up our favorite spot, Crystal Lake Brewing, for happy hour. They make it so easy with kids - it's loud, they provide games and coloring books, there's lots of open space to use your stroller and you can bring snacks galore! And when the fun stuff runs out....bring an ipad.


We ordered pizza, and once we got the kids to sleep we made martini's and play a few rounds of Rummy. 


Saturday morning, Joel whipped up an awesome and indulgent breakfast, and then once Jenna left, I got in a run to try to work off all the pizza and breakfast (gonna have to figure out this post partum weight loss situation here soon). 

When I got home, I prepped our St. Patty's day dinner and Joel took Leo out for a run with a pit stop at the park so they were both happy campers.
 

I snuck in a nap while the kids were sleeping and then Joel's parents came over to cheer on the Vols.

 

 
 
Sadly, it didn't end well for us (and my bracket is now shot to shit), but it was a fun evening regardless.



 Sunday started off pretty slow but by 9 I was finally able to sneak out for another run.

 

After my run, we took the kids for a long walk to the neighbors tennis court and just ran and played outside which was lovely.


After lunch, I snuck out during nap time to Trader Joe's and Nordstrom Rack and of course only found things for Joel and the kids (post partum issue see above.)


After naps we took a beer outside, went for another walk, played on the swing set and just enjoyed the lovely weather.

 


I ended up making a pretty indulgent dinner for us. Last week my friend Mallory posted a recipe from Chrissy Tiegen's cookbook, and it sounded so good to me - Jalapeno Tuna Casserole. 


It makes a ton, and it's really rich, but it was good and the perfect Sunday night dinner to cap off the weekend!  

God
 

No comments:

Post a Comment