3.26.2018

Weekend Recap

Why is it that weekends just fly by? 


And I was SO ready for the the weekend by the time it showed up. 

We started transitioning Drew into her crib this week and while she is getting there, it has included lots of short naps and lots of crying. 

We ended up throwing together leftovers on Friday night and after the kids went to bed, I made a martini. 


I ended up having such a headache I couldn't even drink it. I think I was just worn out.

Saturday the weather was crap, but after coffee and breakfast in bed (thank you Joel), I hopped on the treadmill and got in a quick workout before we lounged around the house Saturday morning. 


I have the itch to start planting but the weather is not cooperating for the foreseeable future so it's going to have to wait. One of my favorite Instagram accounts (@darby613) posted this plant and I'm hoping I can find it at our nursery and use them in a few spots in our yard. Has anyone had success with Bridal Wreath Spirea before? 


During nap on Saturday I snuck out to get a car wash and pick up some wine, and then we met friends at Crystal Lake Brewery (clearly our favorite) for happy hour.


We all ventured back to our house and picked up BBQ from a new spot here in Crystal Lake called Moontime Smokin' Que. 


It was BEYOND good. A new favorite for sure.


Sunday morning, Joel took the morning shift and I got to sleep in a little and have my coffee in bed which I look forward to all week. And then something really amazing happened.....I booked my solo trip to Los Angeles!!!! I'm ringing in 30 with my girlfriends for a long weekend in May and I couldn't be more excited!!!!

Pools | Photography | Gray Malin

Then around 9am, I took the kids to my parents so Joel could workout and get some work done in peace and quiet.

My mom has been dying to get Leo to watch Moana with her, so while they were watching, I snuck out for a quick run, and then we just hung with my parents for the morning.

Moana not Maui
Joel whipped up an awesome Lasagna dinner for us and friends - and I decided to spectate with a mimosa. 


We had been using our dining room table as a command center while Drew was a newborn, and while it was really nice to have an area on the first floor, it's been really nice to get my dining room back.

 


 

Joel has Good Friday off of work so I'm pretty pumped that we are going into a short week! Cheers to Monday!


5 comments:

  1. I’m going to look that plant up because it’s gorgeous and I have a couple spots in our yard that need a little something! And yes, the weekends fly by way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridal wreath does great down here. If you give it plenty of sun, it grows quickly. In shadier spots it still blooms, but takes it awhile to get big. I checked to see what it is zoned for. If I were you, Id plant all the peonies!!! They wont bloom here! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun filled weekend! You all pack in so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y’all did a ton! Love your dining room, so spacious! Hope Drew gets that crib down pat sooner rather than later for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the Bridal Wreath Spirea and think it would look beautiful in your yard, are you thinking front or back? Love the dining room aesthetics! Please send Joel down to the city to cook meals for me. Thnxs love you bye

    ReplyDelete