2.08.2013

Friday Thoughts

Not only was it cold yesterday in LA, there was also a crazy man on the loose with a long and deadly manifesto. Even when I'm not directly affected by these crazy tragedies, its hard to not fear humanities craziness. Getting back home in my bubble and having a cup of tea felt like a true luxury.

 

I am SO ready to be back in Chicago. I haven't been home since September and I miss it. I miss my house and even thinking about pulling in the driveway in two and half weeks gets my heart racing. And, if there is snow on the ground, so long as it doesn't impact my flights, I will be one happy girl!


 And when I say snow, I do not mean blizzard ;)
- Just in case the weather gods read my blog -


Tomorrow morning I have a 10k race. We are running to raise money for a cure to the devil pancreatic cancer. I'm going to touch on this more Monday, but it is so special to me that I have California friends, running with me, joining me, and supporting me and my family, and my aunt - whom they've never even met - just because. Just because they're good people. They're good friends who are present, who are selfless, and who show up.
 
And they're all teaching me a powerful lesson.

A really great post & quote


6 comments:

  1. Tess you look great! Good luck on your run tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow!!!!!! Kick some butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw on instagram where you finished your race!!! Congrats - that is AWESOME! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw on instagram where you finished your race!!! Congrats - that is AWESOME! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time in Chicago, and congrats on the race!! I definitely would be happy to be in CA and never see snow again ;)

    ReplyDelete