4.16.2014

My (current) Favorite Salad

I went to my girlfriend Laura's house last week to "Paris Plan". Laura is a Paris expert and I wanted to run through our schedule with her so she could recommend fantastic restaurants and walk me through transportation and logistics of traveling in France.

After some wine and cheese, Laura whipped up this salad and it blew my friggen socks off. I've literally made it 3 times since last Thursday, and decided last night that I just had to share this goodness with all of you.


The Goods:

Prepped butternut squash - This is from Trader Joes. Keep your life simple
Arugula 
Candied walnuts
Blue Cheese

Dressing:
3 parts balsamic vinegar
2 parts olive oil
1 part honey 

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 475. In a dish, toss squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. 

 

2. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. I like the squash blackened, so cook to your liking. 
 3. Whisk dressing
4. Combine arugula, walnuts, cheese, and slightly* cooled squash, toss with dressing

Easy as that.  

 It's a really easy salad and even Joel approved of just having this salad as our entree entree for dinner. I think the warm squash really helps beef up the dinner. You will love this. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, blog shout out!! So glad you enjoyed the salad. :) Paris email coming soon. Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad looks so yummy! I love finding new salad recipes to throw together for the week!

    ReplyDelete