5.18.2015

Weekend Recap

I wish!! I almost (it was missing like 6 pom poms!) grabbed this pillow from Francesca's because it is just too freaking cute
The best part of my weekend started on Thursday night when all of LA girlfriends got together to celebrate my birthday dinner. A few of us met early for drinks in the hotel lobby at Shutters in Santa Monica and then we all had dinner at their restaurant Coast.



It's hard to get our group together in one place, and when we do, there are never enough hours. I love these girls, we've seen a lot in our 3.5 years of friendship, and I'm so thankful for each and every one of them. They truly make L.A. home for me. I think I ended up getting home just before 11, and it took me like two hours to fall asleep because I was just buzzing with happy energy from our night spent together.


Honestly, the rest of the weekend was relaxing and low key - and I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it (Joel is blaming snapchat). Friday I was totally wiped out and didn't even make it to the gym, so we ordered pizza  when the day was done and I think we both were in bed at 9.

Saturday I made it to the pool to swim laps which felt great, and then Joel and I went to Pitch Perfect in the afternoon. We picked up salad for dinner and watched another episode of Chef's Table.


If you have Netflix, I highly recommend you check this out. It's a Netflix original series from the producers of Jiro Dreams of Sushi (another must-see), and we are loving it. The first episode with the Italian Chef Mossimo Bottura has been my favorite but all of them are beautifully shot, very interesting, and really entertaining.

Sunday after a walk and church, we hung around home, make great jerk chicken pitas on the grills, and called it a wrap on the weekend.

We have a big week ahead - and my cousin Amanda arrives on Wednesday!!!! - so this weekend at home was much, much needed.

5 comments:

  1. We saw Pitch Perfect this weekend too. Didn't love it as much as the first one but still was really good! Glad you had a great birthday dinner with your friends! I'll have to check out that show sounds really cool! Good luck with your appt today!! :)
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out that documentary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good foodie series so thanks for the rec. Good friends and good food are the perfect combo for a bday :) Cheers to a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love that pillow! Weekends spent with girlfriends are my favorite, they bring me back to what important and focus my mind! Hope you have a great week love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fun girls night- free therapy! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete