5.19.2015

Bumpdate: 18 weeks

 How Far Along? 18w, 4d - due October 15, 2015

Gender: We will spill the beans tomorrow! 

Weight Gain: 7lbs

Maternity Clothes: Jeans but that's it.

Nursery: June will bring some changes.

Movement:
My friend described the movements as muscle twitches and that's exactly what I feel! I feel twitches a few times a day actually, only when I'm laying or sitting, but it's a very cool feeling. I've also noticed that the left side of my belly is "harder" and sticks out more. When we were at the ultrasound, we found out the baby is breech and what I'm feeling is the round ligaments from the babies head!

Symptoms: As I describe my symptoms, I want to be really clear that I'm not complaining. I've been very, very, very fortunate to have an easy pregnancy, this baby has been very good to me, but I'm taking note of interesting changes for myself for other pregnancies, and for other woman who like to compare notes.

My lower belly is tighter and feels heavier, and when I lay flat my stomach feels almost foreign - it honestly makes me giggle because I don't recognize it. With the growth of my stomach, I've noticed it's becoming more itchy too. Also, if I get too full it is the most uncomfortable feeling ever. After my birthday dinner - and eating a huge burger, too many fries, and bites of cake, I was up all night long with a level 10 stomach ache.

Sleep: Half a unisom gives me the best sleep for sure.
Joel: Smooth and steady. I was nervous for the big ultrasound, but he just kept saying "it's going to be fun", and Thank God, it really was. He loved, as much as, seeing the baby move and check out perfectly. We were both just mesmerized.

Workouts: 2 gym, 1 spin, 1 pool. I bought goggles last week and made it to the pool to swim laps on Saturday morning. I swam for about 35 minutes and it felt great. I'm a strong swimmer (used to be a lifeguard) and I have missed swimming more than I realized. I'm hoping I keep up a pool day from here on out.

Cravings: Arnold Palmer's still always sound good. Bagels were back this week...nothing wild.

What I Miss: A buzz! Ha!

Random Things: Knowing the baby is healthy is just beyond. Honestly....I'm over the moon right now. I'm also measuring about 9 days ahead which is an interesting random fact and I have been since the first ultrasound.


Best Moment This Week: The Ultrasound for sure. The baby was dancing around for us the entire time, I couldn't even handle it. It was amazingly reassuring as the doctor went through every inch of the baby and having her tell us that everything is looking perfect. Seeing the four ventricles of the heart, counting babies fingers and toes, seeing its big head (thanks to me), big lips (again me), and long limbs (all Joel) was pretty damn amazing. As we were leaving, she said to me "just keep doing exactly what your doing", which honestly almost made me cry.

Sharing the sex with our families was really fun too. We were actually surprised (the guess at week 12 was wrong), so we were just about as shocked as everyone else! Our friends and family truly just elevated the pure joy we are feeling and I'm so excited to bring a baby into a family that is so, so, so in love with that baby already.


Looking Forward To: I'm planning on staying in this moment for a good while. My cousin Amanda gets here this week and we are going to shop for this baby until we drop! June will be a month that will bring some legit changes to our house, and we will probably register, so many fun things to look forward to. Our next check up in June 5th.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your appt went amazing yesterday!! Makes me so excited for mine! The baby moving really does feel like muscle twitches! So strange! Can't wait for you to share the gender tomorrow!!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to know what you're having!! That is such a fun time in pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out tomorrow! I am so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy baby is healthy! Can't wait to hear the gender

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Can't wait for the reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, beautiful babe on that ultrasound! cannot wait to hear!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad all went well at the ultrasound!!! I can't wait to hear boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh can't wait to know but my guess is boy! So exciting, ahh I miss it so!

    ReplyDelete