8.16.2017

Easiest Summer Night Dinner Idea ::: Grilled Chicken Pitas

This dinner is not revolutionary .... in fact, it's about as simple as they come, but every time we make them, I wonder why I'm not making it more often!

This is actually one of my favorite things to order from a local restaurant here (Tommy's) - and I basically decided to recreate it at home. It seems almost too easy to share, but sometimes those are the best dinners. This would be great served with grilled corn but Joel and I were content with it on its own.

 


The Goods: 
  • 2lbs Chicken Breast (this makes great leftovers so we try to cook a good amount) 
    • I butterfly the breasts for thinner pieces
  • Pitas
  • Romain Lettuce
  • Sliced Beef Tomato
  • Mustard & Mayo
 Directions: 

1. Grill the chicken breast to your liking
2. Serve on top of warm pita with the toppings!

and 

If you don't grill (my picture above is not grilled), I bake it. In a pan I pour chicken broth to about 1/4" deep, place all of the butterflied breasts in that, cover with lemon juice, garlic, and heavy salt, and pepper. I baked the above breasts at 375 for 25 minutes on each side.
And my mocktail is Lime LaCroix, 100% Cranberry juice from trader joe's (which is really tart), and a splash of lime juice. It's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Love a good, easy dinner! And your LaCroix mocktails got me through my pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete