1.17.2018

My Favorite 10 Things (for baby #2)

This past weekend I was helping my girlfriend get her registry in order when she asked me what my favorite baby things were.

Now that I'm a month into having two, I've got my list of things I swear by .... some that I registered for when I was pregnant with Leo, and some that I've learned about along the way.

Here are my top ten favorite things that you should seriously think about stocking up on.

The Rock and Play 
  Fisher-Price® Deluxe Newborn Auto Rock 'n Play™ Sleeper in Safari Dreams
- a few people have sent me notes about the Dock a Tot and if I was using it or why I wasn't, and that's truly just because a. it's expensive and b. I don't see a purpose for our needs. We have 4 Rock and Plays (two at home, and one at both grandparents) and I swear by them. I like that they're on an incline, I like that they fold, I like that they're affordable, easy to clean, and both of my babies have slept great in them. 

The Lectrofan  
LectroFan High Fidelity White Noise Machine with 20 Unique Non-Looping Fan and White Noise Sounds and Sleep Timer
I have the Dohm sound machine too, and that's actually the one that I prefer to sleep with myself, but the Lectrofan gets LOUD and it can drown out ALL of the noise. If you have a loud dog, or loud toddler, or loud husband.....go with this one!

The Ubbi Diaper Pail 

Ubbi® Diaper Pail in White
We're still going strong with this one two years later. It has my vote as far as diaper pails go.

The Miracle Blanket 

Remains my favorite - and while they're expensive - I'm reusing all of Leo's for baby Drew, so they've held up well. I would highly suggest having at least two. We transitioned out of the Miracle Blanket with the help of the Magic Merlin Sleep Suit - but we haven't used it on Drew yet and likely won't for a few more months.

WubaNubs  

You need 3. And bring one to the hospital too.

MotherLove Nipple Cream 
Motherlove Nipple Cream Certified Organic Salve for Sore Cracked Nursing Nipples, 1 Oz.
 This one is by far my favorite and something I would suggest grabbing, bringing to the hospital, and keeping near by for the first 3 weeks.

Piyo Piyo Pink Baby Nail Scissors
 these may take some getting used to because they're small and baby nails are SO small but they're what I've used for Baby Drew from the day she came home and what I use for Leo too. These are one of my favorite things to include as a gift for new mom friends because they turn out to be one of those things you never could've dreamed you needed so badly.


The Solly Wrap and The Ergo 360 

baby Leo! 
 
 I'm using both everyday. If I need to fold laundry with Drew, or if I'm playing with Leo I prefer the Ergo because it's sturdier and I don't have to worry about readjusting the baby. We also have taken walks with Drew in the Ergo and Leo in the stroller, and i's a great option. I love the Solly too for quick cat naps when we're hanging out at the house. It's light and really comfortable for both of us. I'm a big fan of baby wearing, so I would recommend both, but you could probably get by with just the Ergo 360 (with the infant insert).

These bows from Kenzie Baby Bows 

 
A reader of my blog owns this shop and sent me two bows to try out - and no joke, they're our favorite bows that we own. I have a huge box of bows that we were gifted or that I bought while I was pregnant, and these are the only two bows that fit Drew's head (and her head is in the 75% tile!). They're perfect for new babies, come in tons of darling colors and patterns, I believe are the perfect sized bow, and are incredibly affordable. Current orders over $25 ship free, but regardless, they normally ship for less than $4! Check out her shop here, or come back on Friday to enter the giveaway to win one!


Other notables: A lot of Aden & Anais muslin blankets, a sturdy diaper caddy if you have two floors (I like this one), Zutano booties, Bamboobies, and the Boon bathtub. 

Would love to hear your favorites/thoughts too! 

The best by far is you...

3 comments:

  1. Cosigning this list!!!!! (And thank you for recommending all of these at least once in my new mama haze!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew is just the sweetest little thing! This list helps me out so much! I've been back and forth about getting a dock a tot since it's all the rave but I think I might stick to our rock n play and miracle blanket setup like you. It worked great for Oliver and I won't have to buy anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tripp lived in the rock n play for 4 months….in South Georgia we call it the hot dog. For weeks I was like what the h is a hot dog?!??? ;p

    ReplyDelete