1.16.2018

Weekend Recap

Since the weekends as a family of four are so new for us, I want to try and recap them before they all become a blur in our fog of newborn craziness.

And I figure a day late isn't half bad for these times! 

 

This is Leo's TGIF face.


Friday after nap I took both kids over to my parents house. We were going to stay for just a drink but Joel stopped by after word and we decided to stay for dinner and order pizza. My parents house is the perfect safe place for us because I feel like we are "out" without really going out. 

 

Saturday was kind of a big day for me. I actually took the baby and left the house! I had a lot of clothes that I needed to return after Christmas, so my mom, Drew, and I went out on our first girls trip! 


We had to dress for the occasion - and more on Drew's darling bow this week. 

We had a ton of success shopping, mainly because Nordstrom is so accommodating to newborns and mothers. I had to feed Drew twice while we were there, and we had our own little Mother's room that made it so comfortable to do so.  

We were home by 2pm, but it felt SO good to leave the house. I've been really bunkered down and it just felt refreshing to escape for a little bit. 

Saturday night, Joel's parents brought us dinner which was a nice little treat, and we hung out with them and watched a few of the games that were on.

 

Sunday, my sisters came out to Crystal Lake and Joel's brother's family came into town for their fourth daughters baptism.


I left Drew home with my sisters while Joel, Leo, and I went to church and then attended sweet Lillie's baptism. 

 

Once we got home from church, Leo took a great nap at the same time that Drew was sleeping so I got to play some games with my sisters and open some champagne. 



Once the kids woke up, we went back to my parents house and my dad made us all dinner. We hung out, watched a bit of a movie (Ratatouille, which held everyone's attention so much that Joel snuck a picture of us all enjoying it), and then we were back home by 8pm. 


It was such a fun weekend - and the first where I felt like a pretty functioning human again - so it was really nice to be able to enjoy that too.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I bet that weekend was just what Mama needed! So glad you got out and about a bit and had some beverages! Always makes you feel more normal! Also, I lived at Nordstrom on maternity leave for the same reason! So easy!

    ReplyDelete