1.22.2018

Weekend Recap - and winner!

I remember when Leo was a newborn feeling like I truly lived for the weekends - and now, I can say again - I am living for the weekends. Having Joel homes make a world of a difference. 

This weekend we had glorious weather and were able to get outside for long walks and fun Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was HEAVEN! 

Friday after nap time (even though someone didn't sleep, even after school, a pet store visit, long bath and big lunch!), we walked over to my parents house.


My mom took Leo out on the lake, and Leo just had the best time ever. 

 

When we got home, we decided to pop in a frozen meal that Joel's mom had made us had both of the kids in bed and sleeping by 8pm, and then put on a fire, made a martini and watched Top Chef. It was perfect and we were in bed before 9:30. 

 

My favorite cocktail: a french martini. Just heavenly! 
 
 

Saturday morning was the first morning that I was able to just lounge in bed, nurse, and have a cup of coffee and just hang out with Drew. It was so nice to have some quiet one on one time with her and she was just the absolute sweetest. 

 

For right now, I'm nursing Drew for every feeding, but soon we are going to start introducing a bottle at night time. We did that with Leo and I really think it helped "load him up" before bed and sleep really long stretches. I've been starting to add to my supply by pumping in the morning - and I always think of Heidi Klum's instagram picture of "multitasking" when I'm pumping, eating, tending to the baby, etc. etc. etc. 

 

 

Saturday morning after a long walk (!), we decided to take Leo out on the lake with his sled and snow pants. It was the first time the entire season that we have been able to play and enjoy the snow and we all had such a good time.

 



Drew and I stayed on the beach, but it felt great to just be outside in the sun and enjoy the perfect day. 

 

I lined up Leo and Drew to nap (and they both did!) at the same time and then ran out of the house as fast as I could. 

Trader Joes, TJ. Maxx and the liqour store never felt so fun! 

We made pizza's with Joel's parents Saturday night and watched basketball and just hung out. 

Sunday was a bit of a catch all day: walks, laundry, grocery stores, showers, and a great dinner with my parents. 

Major Sunday Scaries around here, but here goes nothing this week!
via @alfiewildkids #love #coffee #weekend
And - we have a winner for the giveaway on Friday. Again, if you need a precious bow for your daughter, or a perfect addition to a baby shower gift - you should really check out Kenzie Baby Bows.


It's my new go-to shop, and I have no doubt it'll be the winner's too. 

Congrats to my friend Katie at The Southland Life (commmme back!). The perfect winner since she'll be needing more bows in her life this summer! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww so glad yall had a nice weekend! French martini yummmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Glad you got to sneak in some one on one time with baby Drew. I can't believe how big Leo is these days

    ReplyDelete