11.18.2010

Craft-tastic

I've had a craving to craft for a while, and I finally stumbled upon something that I, a true craft beginner, could tackle.

This was my inspiration:
I thought the saying was too cute, and as wine lovers, thought it would fit nicely in our house.

I found this sign at Marshall's for 3 bucks and figured for that small investment, the craft would be worth it. Plus, if it was a big screw up, I would have only lost a few dollars in the process.


The process to change up this sign was really easy. It took two coats of Gray acryllic paint to get the color I wanted.
first coat:
second coat:
For the words, I took a ruler in order to draw a straight line and then with a pencil wrote out the saying. I took the finest paintbrush I had and did my best to paint over the pencil


My plan is to put 3 square frames under the sign and take my own black and white pictures of wine and corks to create a bit of a theme. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way it looks and think with the addition of some frames the space over the sink will be all jazzed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment