1.04.2011

2011 goals

I'm kind of iffy about resolutions but I'm going to give it the 'ol college shot. Plus, Joel (my go to guru) said that goals are more likely to be completed if their known by others.

So.......if that's the case.....here you are

Health:
If I do nothing else this year, but maintain my health goals, it will be a helleva year.

Fitness:
  • Complete 3 1/2 months at Motiv personal training. This is a huge financial commitment, which I think will help motivate me to get my money's worth while I am there.
  • Run a half marathon. This has been a thought of mine for a while, and I think 2011 is the year to get it done. I really want to run the Rock and Roll Chicago 1/2 marathon in September that way I have the whole summer to train for it. I don't have any time goals, I just want to finish it - and hopefully finish it with one of my friends which I'm planning on convincing to do it with me. Power in numbers, right!?
  • I am going to track my yearly miles and my goal is to run 400 miles this year.
  • Do something after work besides veg in front of the television.
Food:
  • Become a slower, more conscious eater
  • Focus on the value of foods
  • No alcohol, including wine, Sunday-Wednesday
Work
  • Be confident
  • Stay on task
Friends
  • Work on staying in touch. Even via email. Try and reach out to at least one long distant friend once a week.
  • Make plans with friends that I don't get to see often.
Personal
  • Calm. It. Down.

1 comment:

  1. Love your list...especially under staying in touch with friends!! Thats something that I often overlook because I think life gets too busy...got to start living for the important things in life and not let work tokae over.

    ReplyDelete