8.30.2011

Life's Updates


  • Yesterday I had a serious case of the Monday's. I woke up with an awful stomach ache, and  felt like a tired, mean, brat all day long. It wasn't fun.
  • I'm reading a great book right now. It's Jenifer Weiner's Then Came You. Have you ever read any of Jenifer's books? If so, this book is set up similarly to Tiny Earthquakesz where each chapter is a different character. I'm normally not a fan of this setting - but, so far so good.
  • Why is it that when you have a short week, it actually feels like the longest week ever? I'm leaving for NY on Friday morning (heading out of work at 3 on Thursday) and all I can do is watch the damn clock. I need a break from work, and this trip couldn't come at a better time
  • I think I have all of my outfits ready to go. I'm basically going to nyc with an entirely new wardrobe. Just the way I like it.
  • I know which dog I'm going to buy next year. A Miniature Golden Doodle. Do you not die? Joel however, does not like the idea of getting a "designer dog". He really wants to rescue, and I do too, but I really can't handle dogs that shed....
  • Tonight I'm going to one of my favorite downtown spots Quartino's for dinner with my parents and aunt and uncle. Looking very forward to a glass of wine, great italian bread, and some shrimp risotto.

  • I'm ready for Fall TV to start up. The two new shows that I'm most looking forward to are Happy Endings and Whitney. I saw Whitney Cummings live at a comedy show and she literally had me crying from laughing so hard. I hope her show is half as funny. And of course I'm so excited for Modern Family to come back into my life.
  • I still haven't seen The Help. Going next week, I prooomise!
  • Lately my tolerance to wine has been WAY low. I'm not sure what's happening to me, but I do not like it! Sometimes if I have only 2 glasses, I can feel it the next morning. This better not be a side effect of getting older! 
  • I'm getting a manicure on Wednesday night and cannot decide what color shade I want to do. I'm leaning towards fire hydrant red. Classic, and it goes with all of my outfits for NY, but if it chips - it's so noticeable....which bugs me. Decisions, decisions.
  • My cousins Nick and Dre welcomed beautiful twins into this world on Sunday. They hadn't found out the genders, so it was ultra exciting to find out that their first daughter, Sophia, would be a big sister to Ben and Alexa. 

5 comments:

  1. I really loved Then Came You! I thought I wouldn't like it because of the way it was set up, but I was hooked after the first few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Then Came You was good. It got a good review in People magazine too. We finally have furniture!! And we will definitely have to get together once you're back from NYC! So much fun! I've heard people say that those dogs shed even though that's supposed to be their selling point. Either way, SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at dinner tonight! Wish I could be with you guys! Which aunt and uncle? Love the quote at the top. I need to read that every day as a reminder! Alexa and Benjamin are so cute! Love them. I think I'm going to read Then Came You. I'm trying to find a campus library that has books like that. We have 13 on campus so there's gotta be one! Miss you, Love you, have fun in New York!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that book is good. I read some reviews that weren't so great? It sounded interesting to me, so I may just have to pick it up now! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. golden doodles are so cute!! i am all about rescuing dogs too but designer mixes are adorable. have so much fun in NY!

    ReplyDelete