10.07.2011

Off we go!


As you read this me and my family  I are heading down to Kentucky for a weekend of horse racing, mint juleps, and some much needed fun. It's been a while since just the 5 of us spent quality time together...we're well overdue.

On Friday we land in Kentucky around 9am, so after we check into our hotel we are going to check out Nellie's dorm, tour the campus, and go to her Sorority house. For dinner we are either going to try Portofino, or another restaurant whose name has escaped me but serves traditional southern food. Any KY girls out there have good recommendations for us?

 On Saturday we are going to Keenland! It's opening weekend in Kentucky and I cannot wait. My whole family loves horse racing (okay....maybe its just the drinks and gambling), and what better place to watch the races than Keenland? Plus, I love any good excuse to whip out a big hat.



I'm really hoping to just enjoy every minute of this mini-getaway. Work has been shittastic and I really need to get out of Chicago and get some fresh air.

Hope you all have a great weekend. See you Monday!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting. Have fun and take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!
    Hopefully we can meet up! The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an awesome time! You hit the weather perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I am so glad I found your blog because I go to UK! I was just reading thinking wow...the DG house really looks familiar...probably because my sorority's house is right down the street! You definitely got a new follower. xo

    ReplyDelete